Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

Wanted to share my '75 Spider that I've owned since November. I'm in my late 20's, and this was actually the first big ticket purchase I've ever made! I'm generally a fan of 50s-90s era design so it seemed only natural to go with an Alfa.

I had been toying with the idea of buying a classic for a couple months. Then I saw this one in decent driver condition so I had to pull the trigger. I picked the car up on a warm day in San Francisco and drove it home with the top down on Highway 1 to Santa Cruz. Let's just say that was a pretty epic day!

It's driven great so far, and I've really enjoyed getting to know it. It's mostly stock with some small changes made by the previous owners. It's got 3 point seatbelts with seats from an S4 Spider, aftermarket muffler, and it looks like the smog equipment was taken out at some point.

But I've definitely got a bit annoyed at the lack of attention to detail over the years with this car. It's just the little things like the non-essential lights not working, a missing headrest, & strange fixes for missing parts.

I think this has the potential to be a really beautiful car with a bit of love and sweat equity put into shoring up those tiny details. I plan on owning this for a while and upgrading that low-hanging fruit as time and finances permit.

But for now I'm just going to enjoy the ride! The point is to drive it right? 馃榿

Attachments

Premium Member
Nice, looks good, awesome to have pictures. Hope it鈥檚 a fun journey for you.

Registered
Congrats on your Alfa Romeo! Under all that dirt is a beautiful engine and with some elbow grease it will look like this:

Registered
Here are a few links to get started:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts