Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo Admin,

anyway I can get back to my classic BB screen?

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Give yourself some time to make the adjustment ...

Change takes time :)
Pete

·
Super Moderator
3,535 Posts
Guten tag Herr Don

This is the new-look Alfa BB, I've already found a nifty feature called "Dark Mode" - on the admin bar at the top of your screen, you will see three little dots in a vertical row to the RHS of your Avatar picture, click on them, they open up a drop box, at the bottom is a little crescent moon with Dark Mode next to it - click it & it will invert the colours on your screen....much better

Ciao
Greig

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Greig,
thanks for that...much better!

@ admin: before to send a PM you just clicked on a member's name
so how is that done now with this "new" BB?
Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
3,535 Posts
The PM function is still there, but it's now called "Conversations" click on your Avatar on the top right & look in the drop down box

Alternately you have the option of starting a conversation off the main BB Board by hovering over the members info on the left hand side - a large info box will open up, at the bottom are "Follow"; "Ignore" & Start Conversation"

G

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
question for the Mods
why are some avatars so blurred? (including mine, I can't even make out what it is anymore!)

·
Administrator
16,482 Posts
question for the Mods
why are some avatars so blurred? (including mine, I can't even make out what it is anymore!)
Speaking for your moderators, all I can say is, "we dunno". Please know that none of this was our doing. We're struggling to find out how to do our jobs, too.

One guess might be the size of your avatar file. Click the mini-avatar in the top right corner then 'Account Settings'. It suggests the avatar be 400 x 400 pixels. Perhaps too big or too small causes it to become blurry? Otherwise 'I dunno'.

·
Super Moderator
3,535 Posts
Attention all BB Members

The change has happened, it's a big change and it has resulted in widespread unhappiness among many users. We moderators did not initiate these changes, were not consulted on them and we can't reverse the clock on any of the changes.

At present, multiple threads with multiple posts on multiple issues are going unanswered because the Verticalscope IT Administrators are only monitoring the following post for User/Member complaints and queries --> https://www.alfabb.com/threads/we-are-live-community-feedback.689346/#post-8492405

Accordingly, this particular complaint thread, together with all other complaint threads and any new complaint threads have been locked. Please post any complaints, queries and issues to the thread linked above, which is monitored by the Verticalscope IT staff who have the power and ability to fix things.

In the meantime, we moderators have created a "Tips & Tricks to survive the BB Migration" thread:
https://www.alfabb.com/threads/tip-tricks-to-survive-the-move-to-the-new-bb-software.689538/. All members with any tip, trick or POSITIVE suggestion on how to make navigation around the Nuovo BB easier and more user friendly can post it here. Please be aware that negative posts will be deleted and repeated complainers will be disciplined as is customary on the Alfa BB.

Sincerely

Your Moderators

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.