Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just realized I haven't introduced myself.... my apologies!

My name is Andrew, and after wanting one for about 6 years, I recently purchased a 1984 Spider Veloce. The only problems are a slipping clutch, no power to the lighter outlet (previous owner disconnected because it was draining the batt), and the clock resets with ignition.

I have been reading A LOT here since the day before I bought it, and I would like to say thank you to everyone for the tremendous knowledge base. I have been a huge Mercedes enthusiast since I was a kid (nearly 2 decades- yeah, I'm a young'un), but I am already so in love with my Alfa. Thinking of naming her "Allegra," meaning "cheerful and lively."

I have decided NOT to keep her stock, and she will eventually become a weekend track car. 161,xxx miles and counting, very well maintained. If the engine gives out then I have an excuse to do some MAJOR modding... hehehe. No signs of that though, and she runs beautifully. Thank you again to all for the links and info for performance upgrades and weight reduction. This is my FUN car, and it will be properly treated as such. :D

Thank you all again.

Respectfully.
Andrew, USN Active Duty

My Garage:
'84 Spider Veloce
'67 MBZ 250S
'69 MBZ 220D
'82 KAWA KZ440 LTD
'84 Corvette
'84 MBZ 190D
'86 KAWA ZG1000
'95 MBZ C280

·
Administrator
17,372 Posts
I have been reading A LOT here...
Welcome! But if you've been reading here a lot then you know the rules (even if they are unwritten). Pictures! We demand pictures. Of your Spider, too.

My Garage:
'84 Spider Veloce
'67 MBZ 250S
'69 MBZ 220D
'82 KAWA KZ440 LTD
'84 Corvette
'84 MBZ 190D
'86 KAWA ZG1000
'95 MBZ C280
Something about 1984 has special meaning for you, eh?

·
Registered
521 Posts
As Eric says,

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A Pic!

My Spider Veloce.
Alfa.jpg

:)

More pics to come, I promise.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More Pics

Now that I figured out how to post pics, here's some more.

alfa2.JPG
alfa3.JPG
alfa4.JPG
alfa5.JPG

In the last one you can see I moved the battery down into the spare's spot, and I don't have the 20lb plate over the gas tank. I WILL be replacing it with a lighter custom piece soon.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I could have written your original post Andrew. I just picked up my first Alfa Spider in August, and yes, it's an 84, and the same color blue as yours. The guys and gals on this board have all gone wayyyyyy beyond helpful in their assistance. I have 104,000 on the clock and am just going to use the next few years tweaking it to high end driver condition. Driving it is about the most fun you can have with your clothes on! 84 Alfa.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
what part?
9,991 Posts
i lived up there.. old addy..1537 hemlock cr.. widbey island.. wonderfull palace to live.. went to cranberry lake a lot as a kid,

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What's going on with the front bumper center? It looks like you're packin heat- a few Bond style machine guns? But they aren't in the other pictures. Retracting barrels?
Haha... those were "deer alert" things from a PO. I took 'em off. Saved me almost 5 ounces and lowered my coeficient drag! ;)
+5 for attention to detail!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Haha... those were "deer alert" things from a PO. I took 'em off. Saved me almost 5 ounces and lowered my coeficient drag! ;)
+5 for attention to detail!
Do you live anywhere where deer could be a problem? You might want to leave them on and save yourself an expensive nose job...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Carello Covers

Not sure, but they look like they came that way to me. I don't know if that chrome fastener is normal either.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Carello Covers

Whoops- wrong button... here's the pics.

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you live anywhere where deer could be a problem? You might want to leave them on and save yourself an expensive nose job...:rolleyes:
I do, but having had them on a previous vehicle for a while and not on any of my others, I have had to brake for many deer regardless. I've heard some people say they work, and some agree with me. I'm just gonna stick with driving slower in the wooded areas.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alfa Modeling

I spent some time before work getting some nice pics of her. Enjoy!

alfa1.jpg
alfa2.jpg
alfa3.jpg
alfa4.jpg
alfa5.jpg

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alfa Modeling

Pics from today, continued. :)

alfa6.jpg
alfa7.jpg
alfa8.jpg
alfa9.jpg

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Andrew -
You might recognize this pic, as it's taken at, IMO the best place on the Island for pictures. The NW Chapter of AROC gets up there for a tour one or two times a year. Hope you will join us sometime. Your car looks great. Enjoy!! (There's some folks in Anacortes/Burlington you might want to get to know - they're pretty astute Alfisti!!)

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Definitely looks like this area, but I'm not sure the exact spot. The water's too close to the road for it to be one of my usuals.
Nice car, looks excellent! I'll look into AROC, would be awesome to do an Alfa cruise.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
It's Ebey Landing -

Send me a PM with your mailing information and I'll send it along to the newsletter editor and send you some info about AROC and NWARC. Also, you might just go to AROC-USA.org, check on membership, and then click the link to the NWARC website to see what's going on locally.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Aahhh... Should've gotten that one! I've parked my motorcycle in probably that same dirt.

For everyone else veiwing this post, Whidbey Island, WA is a very pretty scenic area. Rainy, but pretty. Google "Deception Pass" and you'll see what I mean.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts