Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm very happy to report my purchase of a '76 Alfetta coupe.
This forum was extremely helpful in helping me decide to buy an Alfetta
and this very car has been the topic of discussion several times during the last
6 months or so.

The previous owner, Bill Conway, obviously obssessed over this car and I can't imagine getting a nicer 35 year old Alfa. I took it on a nice 120 mile tour of San Diego's back country and she runs beautifully. Happy.

BTW, I used Horseless Carriage and they delivered the car in fine shape with
no damage, scratches, nicks. The under carriage looked solid too. Lou, the truck driver was very professional and my steering wheel, driver's seat, driver's floor mat, front and rear of the car were protected with plastic. Nice.
Communication from HC was spotty and they didn't seem to know where the truck was for the first half of the journey, but....... the car came here in perfect shape.

Thanks all,
John

Attachments

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
God xray, beat me to it again. :p To many windows open.

Congratulations discov. !

That is one beautiful Alfetta. Several from this bb that have seen it in person have said it is the best they've seen.

Many years of enjoyment!

·
Registered
615 Posts
now all you need is a bulge hood, ground effects, fat tires, lowered suspension, better brakes, 5 bolt conversion, different bumpers, add a sun roof, Platinum LSD tranny, rear spoiler and tinted windows, don't forget the ground effects. :eek: Of course I am just kidding. Looks beautiful

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
No offense, but I hope it cost a bunch. An Alfetta GT that pristine deserves to have the (PO) owner well compensated for keeping it so immaculate.

I'm also glad to hear - and I assume - that it went on a trouble free 120 mile tour.

Yes, I'd like to see it in person myself. First time I've seen another another dash like this one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the nice (and funny) comments. Yeah, having a great time with the car and
no plans for any upgrades - yet. I'll try to respect the originality, at least for a while.

Several of you invited me to the French and Italian/Woodley Park show, thank you - and will try to make it but will be a game time decision. The Coronado Speed Fest is more likely.

See you all around............

Attachments

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Excellent! But you might want to put a license plate on the arse end first.:p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ha! I know, I know. I'm working on that one.............smog headaches here in California. I took a chance on a 76 knowing the car was so nice but it's not smog exempt and so, I may register the car out of state to avoid testing every two years.

·
Registered
101 Posts
from one new owner to another, welcome to the club. i haven't seen your car before but it's got a nice arse. :p you will quickly succumb to the alfa way as i have! but we do have to deal with california smog. i haven't had to do it yet but i'm a little worried it might not pass the way it's been running lately.

hopefully i'll see your car at the french/italian show!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Alfons180 and congrats to ardo123 as well. Looks like I'll be at the french/italian show in November......with Washington state plates! Here's hoping for new smog laws to include '76 models in the near future. This is my 3rd Alfa, I'm a lightweight compared to many here but have already succumbed.............another arse shot on beautiful Mesa Grande road near Santa Ysabel, east San Diego.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Look at the plastic ID plate on the driver's side door opening. If it says it was made in '75, you can have it registered as a '75.

·
Registered
261 Posts
be carefull! this car was not manufactured in 1976 but in 2011! it just came out of production line!!!
it is FANTASTIC WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts