Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe I read that the first 500 Fiats were going to be offered to members of the Fiat club(whatever it's name is). If that's right, will Alfa follow suit if and when they go on sale in the US?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
The Prima Edizione cars are limited to 500 units and were first offered to FLU members (Fiat Lancia Unlimited) at their national convention in July 2010. They were later offered via a website where the remaining cars were offered for sale to anyone who was on the email list and was very fast on the keyboard. They remaining cars sold in less then 45 minutes with the website crashing due to volume. So, yes, I would guess that the new Alfa(s) would be made available in a special edition to clubs (ARA too). It all depends on the relationship that AROC has with Alfa management. FLU has an excellent relationship with FIAT.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Alfa is monitoring this website in conjunction with the AROC. They will offer the first 500 Mitos to fans who have not "bad mouthed" the direction that Alfa is taking with these cars at a significant discount. That means that only about 5 people on this board will get the car at discount and early. The rest of us will have to pay full price for the same kind of car that we don't want Alfa to build...but we will buy it anyways just to say we are "supporting" the brand and own a new "Alfa."

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
New Alfas to AROC First?

Alfa is monitoring this website in conjunction with the AROC. They will offer the first 500 Mitos to fans who have not "bad mouthed" the direction that Alfa is taking with these cars at a significant discount. That means that only about 5 people on this board will get the car at discount and early. The rest of us will have to pay full price for the same kind of car that we don't want Alfa to build...but we will buy it anyways just to say we are "supporting" the brand and own a new "Alfa."
Let them monitor away...especially with the recent ruling on wrongful termination and social networking being a violation of free speech. I'm sure someone will find a way to use that against discriminatory retailers if it can, in fact, be proven to be the case.

As for me, I won't be standing in line....I've never owned a new Alfa and wouldn't know what to do with one. Whatever, they produce will not be the Alfa I knew and loved.

You'd think they might have learned their lesson after failing to prevail on closing and dismantling the Alfa Museum.

·
Premium Member
9,812 Posts
Thank god I said only good things about alfa and always have!!! :D No bad mouthing here!! Love all alfa's and all upper management! What a bunch of swell guys and gals!
I can be reached at the following number and e-mail for my discount offer.
Looking forward to driving a new alfa. Thanks!

Oh Cheryl I meant Debbie Downer! Whaa whaa!

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
New Alfas to AROC First?

Hey Jason,

My next car will probably be a Maser, although, it's being hinted that I should consider an Evora...so that the Elan will have company.

·
Registered
118 Posts
FIAT/Alfa certainly hasn't shown they care what the American enthusiats want to the degree they have made their re-emergence in our market such a confusing prolonged mess (if indeed it ever occurs). I had my hopes but the way they have been handling this is embarassing......

Alfoonery

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whatever happens, I just want to be invited to the gala event at Auburn Hills when they introduce the new Alfas. I'm just about 12 miles from them. Maybe they'll invite a bunch of us local Alfa owners to show our stuff. Hey, maybe they'll even invite Alpha owners too.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I love Alphas...

" Hey, maybe they'll even invite Alpha owners too.[/QUOTE]"

I buy Alphas on Craigslist, rename them and relist, all for profit.

My other car is a "JEPE."

·
Premium Member
9,812 Posts
Hey Jason,

My next car will probably be a Maser, although, it's being hinted that I should consider an Evora...so that the Elan will have company.
Well I have my eyes on a mazdaspeed 6. ;)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Alphas have always been my favorites, but I'll be waiting for an Otto Deltah version... much like the Arbarth version of the Fiats.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts