Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i am preaty new in this forum i am 17 years old and i just bought my first alfa romeo. its a 1974 spider i got it for 4000 usd its preaty good absolutely no rust new top good pait...just needs some minor work but overall its preaty good the things that are wrong are that there is an exaust leak in the centerpipe and i think its idling to low
tell me what you think i put a video on youtube here is the link

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Congratulations! Nice car.

My first car was a 1965 Ford Custom 500, 4 door, 6 cyl, single carb, 3 in the tree standard COLUMN shift, Land yacht. An overloaded pinto full of girls could out drive me in that thing! :D

To do it all over again with a nice little spider would be priceless. Good luck! :)

·
Premium Member
3,568 Posts
Hi criler,

Welcome to the BB. You have one of the best Spiders, and there is a wealth of information here to help you enjoy and maintain your car. Be sure to use the search function to see what has been previously discussed for any issue you are confronted with.

hello i am preaty new in this forum i am 17 years old and i just bought my first alfa romeo. its a 1974 spider i got it for 4000 usd its preaty good absolutely no rust new top good pait...just needs some minor work but overall its preaty good the things that are wrong are that there is an exaust leak in the centerpipe and i think its idling to low
tell me what you think i put a video on youtube here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rARMMSSterY

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Very pretty car. Be nice to your clutch and transmission. I always put new wiper blades on right off the bat. Learn to do your own work, and you will learn a lot, and not just about Spiders.
Regards,

·
Registered
231 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

Nice looking spider!

-Raffi

·
Administrator
16,621 Posts
Nice looking Spider. Welcome to the BB.

Alfa tachs are not always 100% accurate. It might be worth double checking it with a timing light/tach.

Here's a useful link with info about the various model Spdiers: Spider FAQ. Also, scroll down on the BB's main page to the 'Carbs & Fuel Injection' sections to find a couple of sticky posts about the SPICA FI System (I assume your car has SPICA). SPICA is unique to Alfa Romeo so it is vital you learn & understand it. Your average mechanic is likely to not ever heard of SPICA.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
looks like you got yourself a good deal. Great year! Enjoy your alfa....and welcome to this board!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts