Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought my 74 spider and am working on a few things in it and was wondering if anyone local has any prior experience working with the exhaust and electrical systems in the car

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
Hi Bogiematch,

Welcome!. There's a fair-sized group of owners here, and we try to help each other. What do you need?. Send your contact information to [email protected], and we will add you to the email list. There is also one mechanic in town who works on Alfas.

And... the Alfa Romeo Owners Club National Convention is here next year. Are you a member?, the Ohio Valley Chapter is in Cincinnati (OVAROC), and the KY Alfa Romeo Society is in Louisville (KARS). Finally, there will be Alfa parking in the car club paddock at the Keeneland Concours d'Elegance July 17. C'mon out and meet some of us.

just bought my 74 spider and am working on a few things in it and was wondering if anyone local has any prior experience working with the exhaust and electrical systems in the car

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I'll have pictures up soon. As far as the electrical is concerned I'm having trouble getting the brake lights to illuminate and the light switches on the stick on the steering column seem to have a lot of play in them and are not working very well.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
As for the brake lights, get a jumper wire; disconnect the brake switch and see if you can get the lamps to come on by bypassing.

The column switch you will have to take off the column (PITA) and take it apart to tighten up and clean out. Otherwise you may just want to save time and effort and get a replacement.

Cheers
Martin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.