Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Push hard and live
12,120 Posts
Hello Bill,

Welcome to the party. I've yet to meet a 2-litre owner that couldn't at least be tolerated, and most are pretty funny to be around.

If you are looking for an interior rear view mirror, it depends upon what year. Up through 1959 they were mounted in the middle of the dash, and used a cute beveled glass plated with a cobalt process that left the glass a little blue. These mirrors are OK for looking at your right armpit, and not much more.

If you need the mirror that mounts on the upper right corner of the instrument binnacle, I've seen new ones offered by someone in Europe. Maybe OKP. Be prepared for sticker shock.

The tools boxes are the most ridiculously priced accessory for the car. Nasty ones with a tool or two inside seem to go for a thousand bucks or two. Nice ones, which means a bit crusty but with most of the tools, will be several thousand. At least, that's what people ask for them, but I'm not sure they actually sell at those prices.

There are also options in the dash-badge department. You want the one for the glove box door, or the long "radio delete" badge that is mounted where the radio would go if you had a radio?

Where and when did you buy the car?

We would like a) more pictures, b) the supposed model year, and c) the serial number.

· Registered
10,079 Posts
Welcome to AlfaBB, tradervic417 -- I'll be asking the moderators to merge both threads you started (keeps things simple).

Don, the car seems to be AR10204 00258 that was on BaT last week (see here).

· Push hard and live
12,120 Posts
I may have a spare glove box badge. Can you tell how long it should be, wing tip to wing tip?

I know of no commercial source for the dash-mounted mirror. Just hope a reader has one in a box and replies.

· Registered
3,726 Posts
I see that OKP sells a radio panel for you car. I know that tool kits come up for sale on eBay but, they can cost more than $2K for a complete kit with box. I am restoring a 1963 2600 Spider and you can PM me for additional information.

· Registered
4,574 Posts
That is the one, Chuck. Glove box badge, correct? That is what I am looking for. Cost? How would you recommend affixing the badge, as well?
The badge mounts with two long (M4?) screws. There should be two filled holes on the dash where this came from.

You just need five more posts to be eligible to send and receive private messages. Could be anything as long as they are individual posts. Post pics of the wheels, interior, etc.

· Registered
10,079 Posts
Welcome. Beautiful car. Are you looking for the wing badge or the radio delete?

Chuck
This is 1 of 3 possible radio delete plates. The other 2 are shown in this post.

· Registered
10,079 Posts
That is the one, Chuck. Glove box badge, correct? That is what I am looking for. Cost? How would you recommend affixing the badge, as well?
Nope, not glove box but radio delete plate. The one on the glove box is a Carrozzeria Touring badge. (Yhe parts catalog also shows both versions of rearview mirror).

Attachments

· Registered
10,079 Posts
I hope others with more knowledge of 102 Spiders chime in, but I get the impression the mirror on the dashboard may be one of the factory versions:

Reactions: LaurandSteve

· Registered
Alfa Romeo 2000 Touring Spider from January 1959
319 Posts
Ruedi,

According to the parts book, the centrally mounted mirror was used for chassis numbers up to 1020400650. The mirror on the dome was used for 1020400651 and onwards.

Don is right, the centrally mounted mirror is pretty useless, but it is definitely more sexy than the clumsy later model.

Gr., Pieter

PS Bill, out of curiosity, the pictures of your car seems to have the perfect mirror in the correct place......you think a second one improves rear visibility? :grin2:

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, all, for the quick responses. No word on seatbelts, though.

The glovebox badge I need is right here. Wings up, I believe. BTW, the mirror is correct, but I believe it may be missing 2 of the five clips to hold the actual mirror.

Can someone confirm if there are supposed to be ONLY three clips to hold the glass in place? That is what I currently have.

Thank you again, AR, Chuck, Tubut, and Kuni. You guys are great.

Attachments

· Registered
10,079 Posts
I believe the glove box would have the 85 mm version of the badge, available from several sources, e.g. from three of the best suppliers for 102 cars here, here and here. Note that since the cars were made from steel, the badge should read "Touring Milano" rather than "Touring Superleggera Milano".

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.