Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have made a new film about Alfa 1900 tyres

I hope you find it interesting. It also shows the 600V16 Stella Bianca that the first 1900s fitted

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I've never even heard of the Stella Bianca. It looks like a much bigger tire (6"x16" I guess) then the other two tires. I've never had really good experiences with Pirelli tires; all P-4000's and CN36's. They look a bit more modern but seem to be out of round. Michelin's are how I roll.

Mark

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i must say i am a big fan of Michelin. But if you have difficulty with the CN36 i think you are pretty much on your own.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never even heard of the Stella Bianca. It looks like a much bigger tire (6"x16" I guess) then the other two tires. I've never had really good experiences with Pirelli tires; all P-4000's and CN36's. They look a bit more modern but seem to be out of round. Michelin's are how I roll.

Mark
For a 1900 is is CA67 165 R400 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CA67 The price is pretty good, and importantly they are a really the only true Sports car tyre in the size. Michelins are great the build quality is excellent, but it is a bit more of a sallon car tyre than a sports car tyre.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I spun the right rear tire on my driveway by accident once. The 'scratch off' mark from my 165X400 Michelin tire was a foot wide! I posted a picture of it here once; the mark was physically as wide as my foot, with my shoe on. I am sure the new Pirelli CN36's and CA67's are much better now than they were 40 years ago, when they first came out.

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts