Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally a decent day to take a couple pictures and take my newest addition for a drive.

1967 Super with 1750 engine. I have a 71 GTV and 74 GTV that I'm restoring. This will be a great addition, and plan on driving this one more often.

The paint looks nice but not show quality. Mechanically it is great. No oil leaks, and drives solid, and very peppy. Interior is great with mostly new items. Jack points are solid and doesn't seem to have been rusted out in the past.

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I ordered rear springs from centerline to lower the rear a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Loading these from my iPad, so 1 pic at a time.

I went to fill the car up with gas and it started leaking from the fuel tank at the seam. Had to drain it and ordered a new tank from centerline.

I will try and get it installed next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It had hubcaps, I kinda like the wheels better without.

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The trunk is not staying up. Looks like it has the wrong springs. Any suggestion where I can get the correct ones?

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interior shot. The clock needs new glass. The rear view mirror is ugly and ordered another one.

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
Excellent purchase! Great looking car and I agree on the hubcaps!

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
Awesome! Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Thanks for the tips on the trunk springs. I have it on my to do list. The original springs were in a box with the car. I assume they didn't work because of the replacements installed. I may try and tie a few springs together with wire and install the old ones to see if that works.

This morning I had a productive day working on the Super. I installed a stinger rear exhaust and new centerline springs in the rear.

This was my first time replacing springs. I thought I could just loosen the shocks, drop the axle and pull the spring out. Well it is never that easy. Had a really hard time getting the springs out. They were really long. Had to undo the limit strap and use spring compressors. The new Centerline springs went right in as they were shorter.

I wasn't sure if the flat side of the spring went on top or bottom. I made the decision they go on top as the lower bracket had a groove the spring nests into.

Here is the before pic.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 77 Posts