Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,

We've just received our first non-Launch Edition 4C Coupe. A LOADED Madreperla White with Rosso Leather. The car is unbelievable.

Please give me a call at (407) 674-8830 and ask for Tom Mikl

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
...and a gallon of gas was 53 cents; adjusted for inflation that would be $3.03 today, about right. Adjusted for inflation, your sporty $5,300 Alfa coupe, roughly twice the cost of an entry level economy car in 1972, would cost $30,258 today. In 1972, a new BMW 2002tii cost about $4,400 here in the USA- about a thousand less than your Alfa did. And what does a new BMW 320i sports sedan cost today? Around here, about $33,000. Alfa's USA market re-entry strategy is confusing and disappointing me.
Beautiful car though. I love the color combination.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
" In 1972, a new BMW 2002tii cost about $4,400 here in the USA- about a thousand less than your Alfa did. And what does a new BMW 320i sports sedan cost today? Around here, about $33,000. Alfa's USA market re-entry strategy is confusing and disappointing me.
Beautiful car though. I love the color combination."

All true, but this car is not meant to compete with an entry level 320i.

This car is about creating a "stir"....Hey what kind of car is that? Is the reaction Sergio is hoping for.....The brand needs to re-invent itself and that's why this car is so important.....there's an entire car buying generation that knows nothing about Alfa Romeo...This will whet their appetite and the Giulia will feed them !!! D

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
...And what does a new BMW 320i sports sedan cost today? Around here, about $33,000. .
Base 320i is Honda Accord market territory. The M3 is more like $63,000 and it's still sport sedan category. I doubt anyone is flipping a coin to decide between an M3 or a 4C. However you view Alfa's strategy there are never going to be dozens of unsold 4C's sitting on the dealer's lot.

·
Registered
964 Posts
This car is about creating a "stir".... With whom? The Millenials laden with student dept? There are only about 2 generations and then the top 1% that can afford that kind of cash. Anyone with a spare $60-70K is gonna go for a Benz, Bimmer etc., etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts