Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
11,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to have some of these made up. The number I have made will be determined by how many folks step up. The graphics on the repros that I've seen are not even close to the original. I want something that looks more like the original. So, I've made up a graphics file and put it with a picture of an original. My graphics are in the middle. I then placed a repro on top for comparison.

As you can see, the Alfa Romeo script on in my graphics is a really good match. I used fonts that match the original, as you can see by the pictures. I printed out my graphics file and stuck it on the firewall of my car. The mounting holes are the right diameter and distance apart.

These will not be etched like the originals, but they will look much better than what's available.

Price will be dependent on how many I have made. Price will be between $10 and $15.

If you want one please post to this thread. I'd like to submit my order in a week.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I want to double-check mine tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure you can count me in. I remember not being very happy with the repro I installed.

goats, I have one of those brass plaques, still with the protective plastic on top and paper on the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Oslo, it’s close but the font for the tipo number is too narrow— should be bolder like yours!!

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Bob — what’s the back story on the plaque?
I honestly can't recall the story right now, but I think it was a dealer give-away in 1975 to celebrate the world championship. I'm sure someone will know the whole story.

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Those plaques were attached to either the dashboard or the glove box door of 1976 Alfetta GTs. The plaque celebrated Alfa's 3 world championships-most recent being 1975. If anyone has a new or very good used example for sale please let me know by PM.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
It looks like the repro I bought way back when from either IAP or Centerline (I think it was IAP) is just as bad as the one you show, with zero thought or effort put in to choosing the correct fonts. And my original is nearly scrubbed clean. So, yeah, I'm definitely in for one.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Alberto 10562 is early kamm tail spider, 1971 and maybe some early 72 but I’m not sure— at least in USA

·
Registered
329 Posts
Perfect timing! I have been hesitating in buying a reproduction. I will take one.

Just a suggestion, but next you could make the plastic VIN plate that goes on the driver side door jamb.

·
Registered
234 Posts
If you're interested in an accurate etched version exactly like your original, I was referred by an AlfaBB member to NostalgicReflections.com Truthfully, I didn't feel the need to search reviews of them because of the referral, but I have since read a few. They have been doing this for well over 45 years; many badges of all types being sold on eBay. Pretty decent looking work. They charge a heck of a lot more than what you are offering, but it's also not like the common, printed/screened reproductions we have been used to buying.

I had to pay up front, so I will post a picture when I receive it for my Giulietta. One review of the turnaround time has me worried.

·
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
11,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Perfect timing! I have been hesitating in buying a reproduction. I will take one.

Just a suggestion, but next you could make the plastic VIN plate that goes on the driver side door jamb.
I've thought about that one as well. The only issue is I would need to invest in a machine that embosses the serial number and date of manufacture on the plastic plate. Those cost quite a bit of money.

If you're interested in an accurate etched version exactly like your original, I was referred by an AlfaBB member to NostalgicReflections.com Truthfully, I didn't feel the need to search reviews of them because of the referral, but I have since read a few. They have been doing this for well over 45 years; many badges of all types being sold on eBay. Pretty decent looking work. They charge a heck of a lot more than what you are offering, but it's also not like the common, printed/screened reproductions we have been used to buying.

I had to pay up front, so I will post a picture when I receive it for my Giulietta. One review of the turnaround time has me worried.
Thank you for the referral. Just looking through the first couple of pages, it looks like these could cost $150 or more. I don't think I will get any takers at that price.

Something that is itched would need to be done in a country where labor rates are considerably less than in the US.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts