Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NOW you can negociate the price of the parts from my E-Store :)

Negociable prices! I am taking offers for all the parts listed in the store!
Just use the contact form that you will find on each section, or send me an e-mail at [email protected] and we can discuss about a discount from the posted prices!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well, the unprioritary shipping may take up to 4 weeks. Right now, the prioritary service is still suspdended after the terrorist altert, at the end of last year, due to the cartrigde boms, found inside packages sent via the postal services from the middle east.
From experience, i had packages that arrived in just 2 weeks, but i can not guarantee for the minimal postal service shipping time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Shipping times...

Hmmm... How's shipping times from Romania these days?
FWIW, I ordered some parts from this outfit in Romania in the middle of January. I received confirmation (with tracking information) that the parcel left Bucharest on the 31st of Jan for the US. Here we are on the 19th of March and the parcel has not yet arrived to me in Washington, DC.
To be clear....Gabriel, the seller, seems like a nice, honest merchant and I have absolutely no reason to question the bonafides of this transaction. I bring this shipping issue to the attention of those here because, unfortunately, the delay in getting these parts has significantly delayed my resto project.

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts
I've always figured on about 4 months for basic shipboard transportation. That's about how it's taken me to get stuff from Europe. Surprisingly, it took only about 2 weeks to get a big box of souvenirs from Namibia to Seattle. We didn't pay for air freight, wasn't supposed to be. Go figure.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, all the delays in shippments from Europe to US have begun in november of last year, when the US authorities discovered the cargo plane bomb plot: ink cartridge bomb that were timed to blow up over US. You can read an article about it here.
Ever since then, there have been delays in shippments, and not only from Romania, but from all over Europe. You can see here the measures that were taken right away.
As far as Romania was concenred, first, USPS dropped all shippments from Romania, and all of december of 2010 the packages were either refused at the postal service, or if they had already been sent, they were held in the Romanian custom, because the US refused to recieve them. The situation emproved beggining with january of this year, but it's not entirely back to normal.
The delays are due to the fact that after the terrorist allert US imposed stricter security on air cargo, and they are opening and scanning and checking ALL packages, not just doing random checking as before.
This means delays in shippments, but it's a matter that is really out of my hands and it's a situation that applys to shippments from all over Europe to US, because i have friends in UK that have the same problems, when shipping to US.
I made several complaints to the Romanian postal service regarding shipping time, and their response were that it's a matter that is caused by the US authorities, since the packages leave Romania in due time, but they are held a lot in US, when entering US , at custom for checking.
I understand it's frustrating when shipping time helds back your project, but i never had a package that did not arrive at destination.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts