Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 33 is causing me massive stress (as usual), there is substantial negative camber on the front left wheel ONLY. Im familiar with the usual causes of camber, and Ive run through the checklist: the bushes are pretty old, but are wearing evenly on both sides of the car. I've just finished installing new shocks, and the ride height is about 2 mm lower on the troublesome side (I measured it). I took it the the local suspension guys and they think the stub axle is bent, possibly from a crash at some point. They didnt elaborate, and Im left wondering: Is there a stub axle on the front wheels that could have bent? I didnt think there was.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that sounds familiar - when I first bought the car I replaced the LH strut with a series 2 strut, I had trouble fitting it but I thought that was cause of the anti roll bar. Does the incorrect strut make the camber permanent? Because the car now has identical struts (the supplier stated it was for a S1 33) and the side still has negative camber.

Alfa Arna? interesting choice! I heard there were only a handful in the UK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.