Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just bought a 164 "S" 1000 miles away. Now the seller says that maybe this is not an "S" but rather and "L" with "S" bodywork and wheels....

I need a quick way to identify this car for sure. What dead-ringer identifications/markings are there that this is in fact an S???

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
the interior should have red stiching on the dash. there should be sport and auto mode buttons on the dash to show that it has the adjustable suspension that only came in the s model. exteriorwise, look for the s badge on teh rear, s body kit, trunk spoiler, s wheels. your best bet is by checking the interior stuff i mentioned. the exterior stuff is easy to add on.

got pictures to post?

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a bunch everyone!

Yeah, well the guy did tell me that he did not know much about the car or about Alfa Romeos in general...

He was upfront about the fact that he was a dealer and that he had purchased the car as a part of a package of cars and that he was simply trying to sell it for what he had in it.

I was happy to hit the "Buy It Now" option for $1,900 but grew suspecious about the auto transmission...

He is going to relist it properly. (eBay)

Cheers, JvR.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts