Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1974 Alfa spider. Over the winter I decided to remove the carpet and see if I had any rust, and how bad it is. Unfortunately, the driver side floor pan is spent - and everything else could do with a patch. My father is a retired welder, and had volunteered to help out with the restoration, but after we cut out a good part of the driver side floor, he decided it was too big of a job for him to do at his age. So.... I am looking for a shop or a person in the NJ area whom would be interested in replacing the driver side floor, and then patch the passenger. Anyone have some suggestions for places/folks that won't break the bank? Thanks for your help

·
Registered
285 Posts
Where are you in NJ? I have used Eurotech in Livingston for years - very good and won't break the bank. I have heard good things about Col-Gen Motors in Newark, but don't have any direct experience. And, by the way, '74's didn't have carpets from the factory - they came with rubber mats. Rust proofing is a good idea before you replace either floor covering - there are a lot of threads here on floor repair.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts