Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Yes, we have painted a door handle and touch up other spots. If you want a close match :), I suggest ordering a custom touch-up paint spray can. Here is a place that we got some paints before. Put on a clear coat afterwards if you like more shine.

·
Premium Member
9,741 Posts
I need to paint my new 92 164S door handle, has any done it bofore?

Karl
Yes. At least 20 times since I owned this car. My suggestion, purchase all 4 handles take them down to a paint shop with the paint code and have them paint them.
I have several driver, passenger and some rear door handles painted and ready to go in as soon as they break.

Cost you about $80-100 to paint all of them.

BTW. BOB, thanks for that link. That is fantastic!!!

Jason

·
Registered
95 Posts
I sprayed mine myself (spray can of touch up paint).

1) It's the wrong alfa red.
2) It orange peeled
3) It looks bad, but better than a broken handle.

My advice: Buy a 2nd hand one in the right colour :)

·
Registered
857 Posts
It can be done:

Take your damaged handle to the paint store and get the closest paint spray (there's a European brand called "MOTIP" has excellent match with factory colors).

STRIP the handle from the black primer, OR paint it with gray primer prior. If you don't, the black will grin through the paint and the handle will never match the rest of the car.

I guess it's a lot of work for a handle and you could buy a used one of the same color. But don't we all love spending money and messing with the car all day? :p (NO pun intended).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts