Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing Megasquirt, L Jet harness no longer exists. Does anyone know if I can tap into the coolant gauge wire anywhere else in the engine compartment or know the color of the wire leading directly to the gauge?

Also, which relay to plug into the right front for the auxiliary cooling fan would be helpful too.

Thanks,

Derik

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
When I messed around with mine I just tapped into the correct pin in the L Jet connector that came through the fire wall, are you saying you pulled all that out?

Kevin

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I messed around with mine I just tapped into the correct pin in the L Jet connector that came through the fire wall, are you saying you pulled all that out?

Kevin
Yes, whole harness is out of the car, no need for it any longer.

Found the temp gauge lead by prodding about.

Still need to find the tach wire (color), and which relay is used for the aux cooing fan.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
The Tach wire should be on of the ones coming out of the hall effect sensor on the distributor (the blue connector on the side), I believe it is the shielded one.

Kevin

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
The white 2 pin connector on the front tstat housing is for the injection.
you should run 2 wires to it one is is signal and the other is the sender ground on the ecu. If the ecu only has one ground run it all the way back to the ecu and ground it as soon as it comes out of the ecu. The single pin sender is for the dash gauge and not good for ecu as it uses the block for the ground return and would be to noisy for FI control.
you will also need a AIT air intake temp. it also should be 2 wires and wired the same way, both wire go all the way back to the ECU.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
BTW the tach is wired to the coil not the HALL. but the HALL does have a nice output pin that gives a nice clean signal but is a no connect on the alfa..
also I had no problem driving the tach with a ECU 12v output.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts