Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already posted in the parts area but wanted to cover all bases if yawl don't mind. I'm in need of some drivers door handles, both inside and out. Crazy I know, have actually replace the inside one once already. I made a "Frankenstein" one for the inside, but now the outside one broke too. Dang! What is up with this!? Any outside color is fine at this point I could care less, Ill just paint it white. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Oh yea, its a 1991 164L. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
15,866 Posts
I bought a new primered outside driver's door one from Jason (Alfissimo) a few months ago. Don't know if he has any now.

Yes, they are somewhat fragile, both in and out. The inside ones you can fix one of several ways. The outside one? Not really. some have tried, but don't know their success rate. The trick to making them last longer is to not reef on them when you are opening the door. I lift the handle until it just unlocks the door, and then I pull the door open at the top of the window frame or thereabouts. That helps but still, they are fragile, a poor design and poor metal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Picking up spare doors on the weekend. There should be a good set in there if you still need them then.
Not as much wear either, as they are from a right hand drive car.

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I have plenty in stock too, most colours as well.

Keeping all the inner parts of the door mechanisms clean and lubricated can avoid inner and outer door handle problems, the handles break because too much force is required to operate opening the door, more force then they are designed for, if cleaning and lubricating the inner parts of the door does not make opening easier, replace the whole latch unit.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts