Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Milano, 1986 Spider Veloce, 1977 Alfetta GTV Euro
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up a super nice and original red '87 Milano Silver with 52k mls. Looking for a few bits to make complete. Need front corner light triangle lenses, ashtray, pass side interior mirror cover (triangle), cloverleaf cig lighter covers (front & rear)
and some extra Alfa sound. Stock exhaust too muffled for me. Love the mellow to banshee scream noise these V6s can make. Im not satisfied with the stock setup. Any pointers?

Thanks,
Mark
Columbus, OH

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,979 Posts
" Love the mellow to banshee scream noise these V6s can make. I'm not satisfied with the stock setup. Any pointers"

Not really.

When I installed an Ansa tail piece, for instance, it caused a very irritating drone and raspy sound at the normal rpms for the speeds we normally drove at. Turns out most mods do the same. Got rid of it. Stock is best all around so that you don't irritate your neighbors with that "banshee" sound, lol. At higher rpms, it sounds like a proper Alfa, not a slammed hot rod. Alfa spends a ton of money to get that "Alfa" sound just right in their cars. One of the reasons I've owned Alfas since the 60's. I might suggest you get used to it and enjoy it for the long run. However, just my opinion. Others may suggest some other setup which can produce more decibels.

Congrats on finding a clean low mileage car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just went through the same dilemma with my somewhat new to me Milano Verde. The exhaust was stock except for an Ansa rear and it somehow just felt "strangled" to me at higher RPMs. It wanted to sound good but was somehow being muzzled. I sourced a set of Shankle downpipes, got rid of the cats and problem solved. Now it lets in just the right amount of noise to give me goosebumps down the back of neck without being obnoxious. The downpipes were NOS and didn't break the bank!

·
Registered
1987 Milano, 1986 Spider Veloce, 1977 Alfetta GTV Euro
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Goosebumps

Thank you. Now that's what I'm talking about!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts