Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help with the code for the Alpine CDA-9856 which came with the '88 Quad, and perhaps other years and also on the Veloce?

A shame to not be able to use a perfectly good radio for lack of the code.

If you prefer, email me directly at [email protected]

Biba

·
Registered
293 Posts
I would guess each unit has its own unique code, and that the odds of someone else's working would be pretty slim? But, good luck, and I hope you find a solution.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Having been down this path with the OEM Alfa radio I can tell you its a rough road. My advice is to get the radio serial number....... might have to pull the radio out of the dash. While your at it get any stinking number that's on the can. (You will no doubt find many) Next in your journey will be to try and find an Alpine dealer, if not a factory rep. Providing them the numbers, you just might get lucky and stumble across someone with a database. That's the easy way.... the other route, is to sent the radio off to some outfit that says they do recovery.. I found several of these, but was lucky enough to get the number from the original owner after a month or two of research...

Good luck... "May the froce be with you"

KKKKFL

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dig through all the materials that came with the car and look for a little plastic card. Look in the glove too, maybe you'll get lucky.

Fwiw, mines 3113. (oh &@$# now someone can steal my 20 year old radio :p)

Brendan

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
While he didn't explain it, I just think my client wants to have a working radio. My guess is that this Alpine unit is of pretty good quality. I sure wouldn't want to tear into the center console to switch the radio out, or to just get the serial number off the receiver to see if Alpine has the secret code locked away somewhere.

First thing I asked my client for was the owner's manual. Not sure how hard he looked for it, but I never received it. Why not keep the owner's manual in the car, so no one will steal it? And then jot down the radio code somewhere in the manual.

I'm purely guessing but would think that in more modern cars, the radio code is in the key gizmo.

Biba

1 - 9 of 9 Posts