Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first mechanic, Diro, closed. My second mechanic, Alfa West, closed. What do I do now? Anybody know of a shop closer down this way?

·
Registered
131 Posts
If I was in S Bay I would absolutely go to Alfa Performance Center which is near the Anaheim Stadium (sort of in Orange, sort of in Anaheim- it all blends together over there). I'm in Santa Monica so it's a long drive for me but well worth it.

They do amazing work at a fair price. My spider was ailing and I'd had a few different mechanics work on it (and they also did decent work but not at the same extreme high standard as APC). I'd heard good things about APC and wanted to give them a shot.

After Stuart Jr. went over it the car drove significantly better. They got into the 'deep fluids' which needed changing (and my other mechanics never looked at or brought up) and that really helped the trans shift smoother. Also, there were a lot of niggling 'hose, leak, wear' issues that they found and fixed, that had been missed before. The car drives so much smoother/powerful after the APC service.

Only downside to APC is they are very busy and it's hard to get hold of anyone on the phone, which is frustrating. But it's worth it IMHO. Good luck with whichever route you take.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts