Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to the Alfa Romeo's. My younger brother just got a 164 from a friend as a gift and we're having trouble starting it. What my question is, Is there anyone out there near Long Island, NY that knows of any mechanics that work on these cars. I've been checking the internet and calling mechanics and I keep coming up short. We know absolutely nothing about these cars and we need help so he can have his car back. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
First, welcome to the BB!

There are several mechanics. Click on the underlined thread "Long Island Mechanic" (which can be found in the "NYAROC - New York Alfa Romeo Owners Club" forum), and you'll get some references.

Best regards,

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Without thinking twice I'd go to Giuseppe at Alfa Import Center if at all possible!

Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the quick responses guys where is Giuseppe at Import Center located and how are his prices? Also do you have a number so I can contact him?

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Thanks for the quick responses guys where is Giuseppe at Import Center located and how are his prices? Also do you have a number so I can contact him?
Giuseppe is in Queens. Here's the address and phone number:
Alfa Import Center
981 Wyckoff Avenue
Ridgewood, NY 11385

Phone: 718-381-6764​
Prices of all Alfa mechanics are at a par with any other foreign car shops. I find that it is best (and cheaper) to use someone who already has the expertise, rather than pay someone to practice on my Alfa...

Best regards,

·
Registered
320 Posts
Alfa Auto Clinic**
526 Merrick Rd. · Baldwin, NY 11746
(516) 623-0199 Phone & Fax

Alfa Import Center**
981 Wyckoff Ave. · Ridgewood, NY 11385
(718) 381-6764 · (718) 628-7378 Fax
Home Page

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Depending on where you are, you may want to check out International Auto Repair in Huntington. Angelo, the owner, Peter and Guisseppe are all well experienced Alfa mechanics. Not the cheapest... but honest and thorough

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
I don't know of a well qualified mechanic further east than Huntington. That doesn't mean there isn't one... I just don't know of any. Good luck! You may want to come to an Alfa Owner's Club meeting on a Sunday. It's usually breakfast in Hicksville... you would have a chance to talk to other Alfisti from the area who may know more. We are planning a "tech session" at International Auto Repair in March. Maybe you can come.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Yeah I'm out in Medford so the closer out east the better
There is Peter at "Roma Imports" off Route 112 in Patchogue. He was a Fiat new car dealer, and works on most any Italian car.

I bought my Fiat Spider new from him way back in 1982. Still have the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There is Peter at "Roma Imports" off Route 112 in Patchogue. He was a Fiat new car dealer, and works on most any Italian car.

I bought my Fiat Spider new from him way back in 1982. Still have the car.
Where exactly is he cause I'm 10 minutes from there. If he can help me it will save a ton on the tow bill.

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Where exactly is he cause I'm 10 minutes from there. If he can help me it will save a ton on the tow bill.
Don't know how up to date this is.
Let us know what happens.

Roma Imports
188 Medford Ave. (Rte 112)
Patchogue, NY 11772
Phone: (631) 289-2440

·
Registered
320 Posts
Roma Imported Car Center Incorporated
, 188 Medford Ave, Patchogue, NY 11772
(631) 289-2440
188 Medford Ave, Patchogue, NY 11772 Map it | Get directions
Cross Streets: Between RT-112 and RT-112

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all of your help guys. I spoke with Peter over at Roma Imports and he's going to look at the car. He's only about 10 minutes from me.

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Thanks for all of your help guys. I spoke with Peter over at Roma Imports and he's going to look at the car. He's only about 10 minutes from me.
Cool. He really knows his stuff. Ask if he remembers Sam Germana. Bought brown spider new from him in 82. Still have it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts