Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1967 Spider Duetto 1600
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening folks,

I would appreciate it if someone would please email me the late papajam's 10503 Spider 1600 Rev. 7 wiring diagram.
I believe that is the last one made.

Regards,
Phil

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Is that significantly different than the one included in the Owner's Manual?
I've got a scanned image of that Owner's Manual schematic and could send that to you if you don't already have it.
I found it adequate when I restored my 67.

Jeff

·
Registered
1967 Spider Duetto 1600
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that significantly different than the one included in the Owner's Manual?
I've got a scanned image of that Owner's Manual schematic and could send that to you if you don't already have it.
I found it adequate when I restored my 67.

Jeff
Thanks for the reply Jeff.

I already have a copy of the one from the Owner's Manual, and while restoring my US Left Handed Alfa Duetto I began noticing some differences between the diagram and my original car wiring. So I received a copy of the revision 3 of papajam's diagram but that didn't help. Then I saw a post where papjam mentions a difference sited by another forum member and states he will incorporate it into the next revison of the diagram which I believe at the time was revision 7. There have been a few differences. As an example, my car has three original pink wires outbound from the fuse box, one has a piggyback connector on it. The Owner's Manual diagram only shows two pinks wires. Also, my car has an additional turn signal relay and hazards blinker (for US DOT regulatory requirements at the time). Neither of those is shown on the original diagram.

Curious, if you have the time and its easy enough for you; does your car have (3) pink wires?

Phil

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
I'll inspect my car's wiring.

When I was restoring my car, I had it's original harness plus 2 others. I also purchased the reproduction harness from Classic Alfa.

I ended up not using the CA harness because it differed significantly from the original ones.

There are a couple areas that I thought the Owners Manual schematic was incomplete.
1) The terminals on the Toggle Switches are not identified.
2) The Emergency Flasher was added after the cars were shipped to the US. So, that's not even documented.

Here's a diagram I drew up for the Wiper Toggle and Foot switch.

And I found this sketch on the internet for the Emergency Flasher. It was accurate:

Jeff

·
Registered
1967 Spider Duetto 1600
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Jeff for the treasure trove of information! I'm sure it will be very helpful when I go out to the garage today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts