Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of the interior passenger side light/grab strap assembly for my GTV. If anyone has one I would gladly purchase it.

Thanks,

Dimitri

·
Premium Member
22,170 Posts
What year GTV? I have some, but believe early (1600) are different from late ones. If you have a pic of the type you're looking for, I'll compare to what I have. Also, where are you located?
Andrew

·
Premium Member
16,232 Posts
I think I may have a pair (left and right) NOS units still in the sealed Alfa parts bags. From memory, these are the 2000 GTV version with black handles having silver highlighted centers. Lenses are clear, not opaque, on the bottom. Will take some pics for you over the weekend if interested.

·
Registered
157 Posts
How on earth do you find this stuff Papajam?
I reckon I've spoken to every Alfa parts supplier in Australia and the UK, and I haven't come across a good set of these yet.
I don't suppose you have a set to suit a '67 GTV do you?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interior Light and strap

I am most definitely interested. Please send pictures. E-mail me directly at [email protected]

Thanks

I think I may have a pair (left and right) NOS units still in the sealed Alfa parts bags. From memory, these are the 2000 GTV version with black handles having silver highlighted centers. Lenses are clear, not opaque, on the bottom. Will take some pics for you over the weekend if interested.

·
Premium Member
16,232 Posts
How on earth do you find this stuff Papajam?...
I don't suppose you have a set to suit a '67 GTV do you?
Being in the right place at the right time helps. And having a feel for rare and/or oddball hard to find stuff doesn't hurt either. :rolleyes: I'll post on your 67 handles in a day or two...

dimitri,
I'll get pics to you over the weekend.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Cheers, Papjam.

This has been bugging me for years.
I've managed to collect 5 different examples (2 left, 3 right) of varying condition. From that I've salvaged two useable plastic internals, but the condition of the alloy castings is not so great.
I've polished them all back to bare metal, and only one is probably ok to have re-plated. The rest are pitted too badly.

Actually, that seems to be the case with many of the internal accessories.
These light assemblies, the locking mechansims for the rear windows, the interior rear-view mirror and the sun-visors are all impossible items to find it seems. Impossible to find in good condition at least.
I'm currently trying to recondition a set of sun-visors by filling with foaming filler and clamping it between wood slabs. Attempt number 1 didn't work so well. Attempt number two begins tomorrow :D

Cheers,
-Col-

·
Premium Member
16,232 Posts
dimitridodys,
pics have been sent.

After looking through five parts books, I came up with three different grab handle part numbers. The Giulia Sprint GT from chassis number 620282, the Giulia Sprint GT Veloce and the 1750 GTV all use the same grab handles; opaque lenses and black handles. The 2000 uses a silver highlighted handle with clear lens bottoms. The pic below shows a 2000 handle in the foreground and two 1750 handles in the background (all with varing degrees of....hmmm....aging). I will take a guess that the early Giulia Sprint GT handle, prior to chassis #620282, is the white handle version that Andrew has.
To make things a bit more turbid, I found a 4th variety on the shelf this morning. Silver highlighted handles, opaque lenses and NO provision for a switch! Guess I should have a peek in the GT Junior parts books...

Colin,
Yes, it can be a challenge to find a pair suitable for restoration. The ideal candidate is one that the chrome is just peeling but has not yet pitted. The results after plating though are remarkable.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts