Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told the the ´Designed by Bertone´ emblem only goes in the left side of the 1969 GTV.
Is this true or does it go on both sides ???
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Mine is also only on the passenger side. But I'd call that the right hand side of the car.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
My previous GTV (Euro) had it on the passenger side only. The pics below are from my current 1969 105.51 GTV (even though the emblem is missing, the mounting holes are visible)....again passenger side only has them.

100_1405 (1016 x 677).jpg

100_1421 (1016 x 677).jpg

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Just trying to keep you on your toes, Ken

·
Registered
188 Posts
On the right hand side for me too - although of course I'd call that the driver's side ;)

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
For the early 105 series 1 models (standing pedals), the Bertone badge is on both sides. For the later 105 series 1 and the series 2 models (hanging pedals), the Bertone badge is on the right or passenger-side only.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Just adding some more info onto mubezzi's post: Early Bertone badge (fitted to both sides) is made of aluminum and the lettering is blue, while the later one has chromed plastic base and plastic insert (clear plastic painted black from backside w/ chrome lettering, much like the hubcap trim ring) for the lettering. IIRC, the transition occured when the 1750 was introduced, but I am not sure about the S2 1300Juniors (step nose w/ 1750 style dash). I think there was a rather lengthy thread about this very issue, probably sometime last year.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
If you look at a sales brochure or images from various publications, the 1969 GTV 1750 was outfitted with early badges on both sides.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Could that have been a US thing? My 69 GTV 1750 purchased in Feb. 69 in Montreal (Built July /68) came with a single plastic badge.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I checked some official photos of the S1 1750GTV on the web and mubezzi is right. Hmmm, I wonder when they changed it. It's hard to imagine that Alfa did the right-side-only badge deal just for the 1969 US model. Maybe the transition occurred very early in the 1750 production run. I am not sure which (one or two badges) is correct for conejo's 69... I guess the best way to tell is to scrape the paint off of the left (driver's side for G.S. cars) side to see if you can find any filled mounting holes:rolleyes:.

·
Registered
358 Posts
badge possition and mirror

Hello, my car is just painted and I am ready to install the "Disegno di bertone" badge!
I have a 1972 GT 1300 Junior left hand drive.
I thought it goes on the left side.
Can please someone tell me for sure which is the correct side of the badge?
Can also someone tell me if the car was originally with one or two outside mirrors and which type? The round or the oval one?

Thank You!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Hello, my car is just painted and I am ready to install the "Disegno di bertone" badge!
I have a 1972 GT 1300 Junior left hand drive.
I thought it goes on the left side.
Can please someone tell me for sure which is the correct side of the badge?
Can also someone tell me if the car was originally with one or two outside mirrors and which type? The round or the oval one?

Thank You!
I have the brochure for your car. The only photograph that is relevant is taken from the left and there isn't a badge there. So, assuming that most of us have said they belong on the right and the Junior in the brochure hasn't got one on the left - i'd be sticking it on the right.

Salute.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I only have one plastic one on the right (passenger) side. There is no evidence of any on the driverside. I have standing pedals, my s/n is fairly low so the swap must have happened very early in the production.

Will

1 - 15 of 15 Posts