Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody;

I am in the market for a 1969-1974 GTV. I have found what seems to be an unbelievable resource here in SF and wanted to know if anyone on the AlfaBB has had any experience dealing with an Asian gentleman named Howard. He has apx. 12-15 GTVs and other cars in his warehouse. If you have done business with him in the past, please share with me what your experiences were.

Also is the Alfa Center on Columbus Ave. in North Beach the best place to have a PPI performed?

Thanks for the help everyone. Happy Holidays.

MH

·
Registered
442 Posts
Howard

Hi, Yes I have dealt with him years ago, he is an honest person with a beautiful colection of cars, Berlinas, GTV's and others. I recall all his cars were in top notch spape. He has the resources to make his cars beautiful so im sure he wont let them go for cheap. If you talk to him again tell him Alfaman in Novato said hello. Thanks Jim
PS We also do PPI

·
Premium Member
21,707 Posts
Yes, I'll back Jim up. Howard's had many, many Berlinas and Giulias. At one point I know he had a warehouse with 50+ cars in it, largely Alfas. He generally restores cars to a high level.

I'll pitch Jim (Alfaman) as a resource for a PPI, a few miles north of SF in Novato. I can't recommend any SF shops, but plenty in Berkeley.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Howard and his family often participate at the All Italian Car and Cycle day in Alameda(though he was absent this year). They usually bring several immaculate, original, low mileage production Alfas from the 60's on up. I've always thought of him as a collector, and not a dealer... Someone who appreciates what he owns and would likely show that if he were approached by a potential buyer... In other words, he won't under value what you're hoping to buy.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I live in Healdsburg and Alfaman Jim has done a great job with my 69 GTV for the past few years.
If Howard has a Giulia or Berlina I'd love find out how to contact him.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Mickey,

I'm in San Francisco and have been a customer of the Alfa Center's since 1994. They (including Jim/Alfaman) have worked on our Duetto, GTV, Spider, and 164, and I would have no hesitation recommending them for a PPI (particularly if the GTV(s) you're looking at are in The City).

Jim just north of SF in Novato is highly skilled and extremely knowledgable about these cars, so you really can't go wrong either way.

If I can be of assistance, just let me know. It would give me a good excuse to stop by either of their shops and check out the fine machinery being cared for.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

Hey Everyone;
Thank you very much for the replies. It is a big move for me and just needed to corroborate my own feelings and impressions. Happy holidays everyone and thanks again.
Mick

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys;
Thanks for the help. Pulled the trigger and will be picking up my GTV on Monday. Photos will post soon. It has been a few years, but I'm happy to be back in the fold.

M

1 - 10 of 10 Posts