Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I'm in a holding pattern waiting for suppliers like IAP and Centerline to get some fuel sending units. Meanwhile I would really like to get my Spider back on the road sooner than later.

So anybody out there with a used working in tank assembly in good shape? Let me know how much shipped to 77581 please. Or if you are in the Houston area and know a source, let me know and I will come get/pull it myself.

Thanks

·
Registered
what part?
10,887 Posts
i have an intake pump you can have for free, and i think i still have the steped hose.. by the way,, you can get the same intank fuel pump off a volvo 240 typer car..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have an intake pump you can have for free, and i think i still have the steped hose.. by the way,, you can get the same intank fuel pump off a volvo 240 typer car..
Thanks. I appreciate it. Good start. I'll PM you with my details. And nice to know about that Volvo 240 connection. Any other possibilities for the sending unit that you know of?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks pininfarina. A little disappointed you don't take Paypal due to too much fraud? Hard to know who to trust nowadays.

But I have been away from the board for a while and wondering if anybody else have done business with pininfarina and can vouch for him?

Thanks.

·
Registered
what part?
10,887 Posts
urlkid.. let me look around..basicly.. on the volvo's if the main pressure pump in under the car,, you have a lifter pump in the tank..i will get back to you on this in the moring..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bianchi1, thanks for the response. I don't mean to be slow, but what exactly are you showing? Is that the lifter pump assembly from a Volvo that you have modified to fit in the Spider? And the other pics from 2005/02/19 are showing that you have added an adapter and cut a hole in the body of the car? Not sure why.

Hmmm, I'll PM you with my contact info and maybe you talk a slow soul through this. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1991 164L
27,577 Posts
Nice conversion using Blue anodized aviation fittings. Little rough around the edges of your new access hole to access fitting but I can understand not wanting to grind away over gas tank.

Your not using filter on end of boost (lift) pump inside tank?

We are working a bad in tank pump issue now on a new to us used 88 Spider. Got external pump to work and suck fuel straight out of tank to get engine to run by dropping lift pump hose into fuel. So getting engine to run was a start but, once we get good lift pump and filter sock will be installing pump and closing tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts