Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,713 Posts
Not 105. It would have three holes/bosses behind the car opening for the air cleaner base, and would have a brake booster vacuum takeoff on #4 . Also just looks like a Giulietta casting, not 105.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
You can definately exclude the 101 1600 Spider/Sprint manifold as that one would have two water outlets, or rather one inlet and one outlet in the marked out area.

Dennis

Attachments

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I've got my money on it being a 750 manifold for either a Berlina, TI, Sprint or Spider running a downdraft carby.

The number preface should be 1315.44.xxx and it should be stamped on the underside.

Chris

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, thanks all.
Concept 101-- you are right my manifold is exactly the same as on the referenced thread. However notice that the other manifold and mine have aluminum plugs where you indicated the water inlet and outlet "should" be.
Chris 1750-- you are also right the Serial number is: 1315-44065.

Further information-- the older gentleman that I bought the parts from was an early '60s SCCA racer and likely used this manifold on 750 race engines.
Question, from a 105 guy-- what were the main differences 750 and 101 engines ?
Second question-- the water inlet and outlets at the carb base are plugged on both my manifold and the manifold on the other thread. Is this a race modification or did they come stock this way on some model ?
Another picture of my manifold is attached.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Well, thanks all.
Concept 101-- you are right my manifold is exactly the same as on the referenced thread. However notice that the other manifold and mine have aluminum plugs where you indicated the water inlet and outlet "should" be.
Chris 1750-- you are also right the Serial number is: 1315-44065.

Further information-- the older gentleman that I bought the parts from was an early '60s SCCA racer and likely used this manifold on 750 race engines.
Question, from a 105 guy-- what were the main differences 750 and 101 engines ?
Second question-- the water inlet and outlets at the carb base are plugged on both my manifold and the manifold on the other thread. Is this a race modification or did they come stock this way on some model ?
Another picture of my manifold is attached.
Thanks
The plugged water inlets are correct on 750 manifolds, with both unplugged and some other minor changes to it, it would be a 101 1600 manifold (see in the attached pic).

The 750 and 101 1300 engines would except some evolutionary changes basically be the same, both 1300 cc, the 101 1600 engine on the contrary is a 1600 cc. It is also said that its much easier (regarding parts) and cheaper restoring the 101 1300 then the 750.

Normally the manifold plugging comes from the factory depending on model. There could surely occur some custom modifications depending on momentary supply and patience to waite for appropriate parts, but it is not stock.

Dennis

Attachments

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
As Greig replyed in the other thread:

"RJ is spot on - 1958 to 1960-ish 750 Normale, the earlier version had the in-hose thermostat and the later versions had a different casting plug"

I myself am a 101 1600 guy so I´m not that good regarding the earlier models....

Dennis

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Interesting textual and visual historical information. I expects that the carburettor for these manifolds would have been Solex TI 35 APAI . Or please correct me.

Does anybody have similar pictures and information for the manifolds that used the webers

Weber 40 DCO3 used on Sprint Velose - Spider Velose.
Or the Weber 40 DCOE2 used on Sprint Velose-Spider Velose- SS-SZ .

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Interesting textual and visual historical information. I expects that the carburettor for these manifolds would have been Solex TI 35 APAI . Or please correct me.

Does anybody have similar pictures and information for the manifolds that used the Webers

Weber 40 DCO3 used on Sprint Velose - Spider Velose.
Or the Weber 40 DCOE2 used on Sprint Velose-Spider Velose- SS-SZ .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts