Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
I previously started a thread to help value some Biscione parts that I wasn't willing to sell.
Today after clearing out the shed we found some parts that we don't need, and wouldn't mind selling.
This is where I need your help.
I have the following:
A Biscione coil that came off a running car before it was scrapped. My dad remembers it's from the Biscione because it has traces of its distinctive yellow paint still on the coil. They parted the car before scrapping it.
Anyone know how much it's worth? I'll put it on eBay soon but am entertaining offers.

Next is a shift rod that came off that same Biscione. Value?

Now some Biscione taillights. These also have slight traces of the yellow paint around them, and one has a crack in the housing. Value?

And now the tougher part (for me at least, and I'm nil in Alfa knowledge).
I need to identify which car these two heads came off. There are no apparent cracks in the casting, one is missing 2 valves. One got eaten a little by the timing chain, and one still has a timing chain guide (I don't remember which belongs to which but you'll see in the pics.)

You can shoot me offers by PM, or give me an approximate value on the thread.
Any help is appreciated.
I'm located in Montreal.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Unfortunately, cylinder heads without cam caps are usually considered scrap. I did sell a rare uncut 750 cylinder head a couple of years ago that didn't have caps and Jack Beck of Orion Motorsports was able to match up some caps from his bucket of spares. I have no idea what he charged for that service. He'd have to have a pretty good selection to match up the correct clearences. The head with the rectangle in the circle with a diagonal line is a 2 liter head and probably not worth anything without the caps. I don't know about the other, maybe a 1600? If you have some calipers, you might try measuring the diameter of the combustion chamber. While you're at it, measure the thickness of the head.

If the euro Super lenses are in good shape and the damaged housing is repairable, I'd say they'd bring somewhere between $50 - $80 on ebay. Maybe more on the right week. Oops, just noticed the chunk missing from one of the lenses - might bump it down slightly.

See if you can find the coffee can that has those cam caps in it!

Bill

·
Super Moderator
3,640 Posts
The head on the RHS - the cleaner one, without plugs and 2 valves is either a later 101 1300 head, or an early 105 1600 head as it does not have the 2 bumps in front for the cam cover hold down bolts.

You would have to measure the bores to find out what is is, 1300 = 74mm, 1600 = 78mm.

Either way, they are worth basically scrap value prices without cam caps, as each head was line bored with its original cam caps, so if you just "mix 'n match", you run the risk of siezing a cam in the head.

The gear lever is for a later model 105 - Sedan gear levers do not work on Coupe's as the angle of the "neck" is different due to the sedan seat being higher up & forward, if your knuckles hit the dash while swapping cogs in a Coupe, (GTV), you have a Sedan gear lever fitted.

Lights are worth what someone is willing to pay

Ciao
Greig

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
The gear lever is for a later model 105 - Sedan gear levers do not work on Coupe's as the angle of the "neck" is different due to the sedan seat being higher up & forward, if your knuckles hit the dash while swapping cogs in a Coupe, (GTV), you have a Sedan gear lever fitted.
Ciao
Greig
Didn't know that one. Learn something (and forget something else) every day. So do Spider and GTV sticks have the same rake and just the sedan is different?

Bill

·
Super Moderator
3,640 Posts
Hi Bill

I've never actually looked at Spider vs GTV levers, but in my experience, there are only 2 neck angles on the end of the levers, & given that Spider & Coupe seat positions are similar = low & far back, it stands to reason that they are the same.

Sedan is waaaay different - if you get the opportunity to look at a few levers, you'll soon spot the Sedan ones. A quick glance when holding levers together is that when the open neck is facing downwards, the lever in theory, (if fitted to a car), would be in neutral - the Sedan one is angled upwards to where the Coupe one would be in 1st gear.

Ciao
Greig

1 - 10 of 10 Posts