Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotted this Alfa out of the corner of my eye as I was driving by. I was finally able to take some pictures of it. I would love for someone to ID it as far as Year/Type. if at all possible. If I am going to approach the owner for a possible sale, it would be great to have a liitle bit of knowledge under my belt. Sorry for the bad pictures, it's as close as I could get.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I'll second James' opinion. Shape/size of the taillight openings and lack of the glove box door (well, it could have been removed) tell me that it is a 750 Series Giulietta Spider. We cannot tell you anything further without more pictures or better yet, chassis number of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
May I suggest you use extreme caution when further examining this car!?!? Assuming you can get there without knocking it off its' perch, the VIN number is stamped into the passenger side of the firewall.

Erik

·
Premium Member
21,362 Posts
Those look to me like second series, not first series, taillight openings. Note they're wider at the bottom than the top. That to me says it's a transition era car or early 101.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
pre 1960

My estimate is pre 1959 . since their is no rear reflectors nor evidence of their presence. I am assuming that the car has it original paint. No glove box cover with altessimo rear ligh openings
So, 750 series Giulietta Spider pre 1959
Multicam
'94 164 LS
'60 Giulietta Spider
'59 Giulietta Sprint

1 - 6 of 6 Posts