Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
while jacking up my 74 Spider 2000, a small rubber bump stop, i assume it is, fell down on the floor from underneath the car. But i can't seem to find the right spot for it, apart for a backup nose piece for some joker to wear..
Does anyone know where this rubber part should fit? It's aprox 2.5 cm high, 3 cm at base and 1 cm at top. It looks like a nose...
(and yes, i'm quite an amateur, but learning :) )

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,699 Posts
Maybe snubber for top/front of the differential? Snubs contact with the body if the axle goes up that high.
Andrew

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
Maybe snubber for top/front of the differential? Snubs contact with the body if the axle goes up that high.
Andrew
I looked at that for ages and what Andrew suggests seems to be just about dead on! (considering the shape, size, champfered edge etc)

not sure how it is fixed, maybe a metal plate with a screw thread has separated from the rubber??

Attachments

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
It was originallly bonded on when the rubber was applied to the stud. No real way to reattach it. Might as well look around for a new or good used one. You might try Di Fatta Brothers in Maryland.

Robert

·
Administrator
17,023 Posts
Agree. Get both the rubber part & the mounting area on the differential really clean (solvent followed by soapy water then rinse well & dry). Use contact cement - the good old fashioned really smelly solvent based stuff.

I've never understood how that stuff works - you paint some onto both parts then let it dry the prescribed length of time. Then you press them together and the cement bonds instantly and securely.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank all!

Thank you all for correct and speedy help! I'll get right to it and glue it back on. That was also what puzzled me somehow; i've never seen an exposed part like that on a car that's just ment to be glued on.. Guessing at lot folks is missing this part :detective:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts