Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,
My sway bar is now on the bench, waiting for new bushes.
But I've a problem, the bushes are dead, I want to say that the rubbers are desintegrated, so I can't mark the position between the sway bar and the end links, they move freely !
And the question is how to reinstall the new bushes in the correct position ?
Would it be better to fit Superflex ones because these can move and the original not ? I'm not hot with Superflex, I read they're very hard.
I don't know too if Superflex are avaible for the sway bar... Can you help ?
Thank you very much

And an other question, on the Victor Part site, they have different bushes, for upper and lower section.
I didn't see that on Ebspares, Classic Alfa and so. Are they really different ?

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
I'm trying to figure out what you are asking re: the correct position of the bushes. What I did was install the bar with the two mounts (#2 above) loose, then centered the bar and then tightened them down.

I pressed the bushings (#3 and #4) in on the bench, then installed the drop links after the bar was centered as noted above.

There are some threads here talking about how many of the new the drop link bushes are too loose on the end of the sway bar and what to do about it. I haven't resolved that yet but am thinking I'll use one of those sheet metal "washer-nuts" (not sure what they're really called) that press over the end of the bar (like are used on cheap toy trikes and such).

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for you reply.
I though the easiest way was :
1/ install the two bushes #3 on the sway bar, install the sway bar on the car, center it
2/ press the two bushes #4 on the two drop links
3/ attach the drop links on the car through the bushes #4
4/ mark the position of the bushes #3 installed on the drop links compared to the ends of the sway bar
5/ take apart the sway bar and press the bushes #3 installed on the drop links to the ends of the sway bar on the bench

I pressed the two bushes #3 on the sway bar, it was very hard, they are not loose at all, so I will not need "waher nuts" : is it normal ?

Can you tell me if I'm right ?

Thanks in advance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts