Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
The hose that I purchased was a Eastman universal corrugated drain hose. It's 6' long, and it has various sections. The rubber end is too thick to fit on the mounting post, but if you cut it off, it fits perfect.

·
Registered
965 Posts
We'd like to see what you found for your heat shielding too. Did you find some of the very thin aluminum tape with adhesive backing (like some use as a quick patch for rust holes in the body)? Or did you find a better solution?

From memory, I think the tube just goes straight down. Too much snow on my car to get a pic right now. But snaking it more to the passenger's side may help avoid the engine heat to some degree?

·
Registered
44 Posts
So,this is the hose I'm using:

The hose is thin enough that you can use a hose clamp with it.

And the heat shield sleeve is a Cool-It Thermo Tec Express Sleeve. It's a aluminized sleeve with velcro and seems to fit great.

Now I just need to figure out how to route it to the bottom. If anyone has any pictures of their cowl drain hose installed, that would be super helpful for me. Here are some pictures of the hose and the sleeve.

·
Registered
44 Posts
In case anyone is interested, here's how it turned out. Works great, and the heat shield is plenty long enough to protect the whole hose. I tried to route it straight down, but there just wasn't enough room, especially with the slightly larger OD of the hose and the heat shield. But this placement seems to put less stress o the hose, and it drains just fine.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts