Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new to me 1994 164 LS and needs a new cat to smog in CA so I am looking for recommendations/suggestions. Is Magnaflow and the universal converter they recommend for this model/year ok? Has anyone used this or anything else?

Also, need the air intake boot between plenum and air flow sensor and am not having any luck finding -- any ideas? Thanks for any/all help:cool:

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
akfakat, I have not had good luck with an after market cat from Midas. It failed emissions test after second year and was just out of its two year warranty period. I have one original cat on a '92 S that is still working and need one for the "L". Hopefully someone will help us out with a good source.

If your air intake plenum boot (hose) is leaking the car will not run well at all; you can wrap some electrical tape around the hose until you can find a new one (it worked on an 'S'). Perhaps IAP or an old Alfa dealer like Paul Spruell will have one or check ebay.
Mark

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I have a new to me 1994 164 LS and needs a new cat to smog in CA so I am looking for recommendations/suggestions. Is Magnaflow and the universal converter they recommend for this model/year ok? Has anyone used this or anything else?

Also, need the air intake boot between plenum and air flow sensor and am not having any luck finding -- any ideas? Thanks for any/all help:cool:

I may have a good used one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts