Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have a ‘78 Alfetta GT. I’m trying to replace the fascia of the Defrost/Vent controls but could not figure out how to remove the plastic knobs at the end of the control levers. It has metal protruding on the sides tht prevents it to be pulled out. Hoping someone can provide me info on how to remove it or direct me to one. I tried searching the BB but nothing specific to this.

Thanks in advance.

Vicente

·
Registered
194 Posts
They can just be pulled off, it may take a bit of fiddling but they shouldn't be too hard to take off. I think they're more of a dense rubber than a plastic

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,534 Posts
Just use a small screwdriver to slightly lift the plastic over the protruding metal piece.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried pulling it and felt like it would come off but needed more force. But then got worried I might break something and might as well ask someone who knows what they’re doing. I’ll try prying it too as Gubi suggested.

Thank you much for your assistance.

Vicente

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,534 Posts
I was thinking of the Spider, didn’t realize this was in the GTV6 forum. So my advice may not be useful.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gubi, I think I’ve seen some Spiders with the same lever knob. I’ve also seen some Spiders where press on a spot on the knob to remove it.

Thanks.

Vicente

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
If this is like the side-to-side levers on a GTV6, I think those levers are most easily removed by disconnecting them at the hinge point, and then pulling the skinnier end out thru the horizontal slot in the console face.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts