Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking about the same but wasn't sure. I have a Berlina and a Giulia, too. As I was looking for something else in an old shop, I asked the man if he has anything for old Alfas. After some seconds told me he has some pairs for wind. rubbers ...he coudn't remember for what alfa car. Then he showed me three pairs, ORIGINAL windshield rubbers, I 'm quite positive are for Giulias. The rubbers are in great condition, only some dust on them. Since I saw some OEM, aftermarket rubbers and I wasn't satisfied with the look and the feeling, I was amazed by the quality of my discovery but I wanted to be sure about the Berlina since is my running project. Of course, I will buy all of them, no doubt....Any way, thanks for your kind reply

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
if it is a white dust or powder, leave it on the seals until you use them, I believe it is some sort of protectant from the maker. My understanding is all the Berlina's sold in europe had the gasket type windsheild, is that your experience? Here in the US we got the glue-in front windsheilds from 71-75 on the Berlina's

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
If you've got three, I may be interested in buying one off you if you don't intend to use them all yourself.

·
Premium Member
23,107 Posts
Only US GTVs and Berlinas 71-74 got glue-in glass, which is slightly larger. The rest of the world all years, and other years US, got gasketed glass, slightly smaller. It's been reported that there are more than two sizes of Giulia/Berlina windshields, and I'm not sure what to make of that, other than just production differences.

Giulia glass and gasket should be the same as gasketed Berlina glass.

Andrew

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Till now, I didn't buy any windshield gasket since I'm not completly sure if those are for Giulia/Berlina. Both cars are of restoring progress and I can't remove them. So, I measure Giulia's front and rear gasket all round over the alu trim, found 363 cm for the front and 353 ( must be some measure tolerance of course) for the rear.'m I correct? I guess is the only way to find out if the new gaskets are ideal for replacing.
And HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts