Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please suggest online KNOWLEDGEABLE Alfa Spider maintenance parts supplier. I need the usual electrical, engine, fuel, air filter etc. parts.
I have gone through over 10 so far and either they don't show the brand of their parts or the parts cost is unacceptable or they have no selection.

Thanks for the heads up.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
You probably won't find a "one-stop", best selection, best price, highest quality, online source.

You will also discover that european suppliers have merchandise that the domestic merchants do not.

And some of the better vendors only take telephone orders (OMG)!

Google and ebay can also be good resources.

Here's a good starting point:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/guests-new-members-introductions-please-read/4361-supplier-list.html#post37372

What may work best would be to make up a list of your parts needs, and email it (as well as call it in) to several suppliers requesting a quote for price, availability, and the manufacturer of each item.

Overall I try to make the "hunt" for parts as enjoyable as the wrench-turning side of restoring an older vehicle. When you finally locate that really hard-to-find item for a decent price, you've really made a "score".

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
You are right! It is indeed necessary to run around to a number of vendors to track down the parts and brands one needs.
I had a new Spider in the mid 70's and another in the late 80' when they were in 'current' production. I could then order anything I wanted at any of the local imports shops.
A number of online sellers do not state what brand their parts are. I find that unacceptable. In this world of Chinese made junk parts, I will only accept brands that I trust.

As they say, things sure do change.
Thanks all for your kind assistance.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have ordered from the typical vendors both US and abroad, never found any "Chinese mad junk parts'. There may be some I just haven't run into any.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts