Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Its crunch time and I still need a complete a left-hand door panel (or at least the trim pieces) for a 101 series Sprint. (I have the right-hand panel). I can recreate the panel if necessary, I just need the chrome trim parts from an original and *maybe* the silvery vinyl material too? This is important because these pieces are the only thing standing in the way of a my goal of restoring the Sprint to mechanically and cosmetically original specs.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Pat. Sorry you couldn't make it to Monterey this year-
Yeah, I've tried to source these "bits" out and no dice..Maybe that's why so many Sprints have reupholstered doors without the original trim. I obtained 1 used but complete panel off Ebay. Re-Originals does supply a good substitute silvered vinyl. They say the original pattern is unobtanium, which my local upholsterer confirmed. Did I mention I was an originality freak?:D

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I have an extra piece of trim that goes between the top of the door panel and the metal part of the door but I suspect you're looking specifically for the two pieces that actually fit onto the panel itself. Might try Larry at Alfa Parts Exchange, 209-833-3330.

Chuck
50 Sprint

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an extra piece of trim that goes between the top of the door panel and the metal part of the door but I suspect you're looking specifically for the two pieces that actually fit onto the panel itself. Might try Larry at Alfa Parts Exchange, 209-833-3330.

Chuck
50 Sprint
Chuck- Thanks for the lead. Yes, I need the panel trim pieces only at this point. And one door pull bracket (broken!).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts