Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing what I do about every six months--looking for a daily driver. I've always wanted a 164 but never pulled the trigger. I've been looking at VW Jetta's, BMW 528i's, Saab 9-5's...anything with a five speed manual that I can pick up for under $8ooo or so. I made an offer on a nice high mileage 528iT wagon yesterday, but the guys wife sold the car out from under me. Anyways I'm thinking that a nice 164LS would fit the bill....but it has to be a manual.

Anyone got one for sale?

Shoot me an email if you have something interesting: [email protected]

-Peter

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found one!

Thanks to the BB I have already found a nice '94 LS to bring home from N.C.

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts
Wow, that was fast! Nice looking LS. Good luck with it and see ya in the 164 forum!

·
Registered
7,603 Posts
wow.

good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Very nice more pics. Manual or Auto?

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Congratulations! You should write a post on "How to acquire a 24V in less than 24 hrs."... :D

Best regards,

·
Registered
1965 Giulia TI/1998 Spider
3,938 Posts
that looks sweet...congratulations!!!

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Looks Good - Are You Coming to the Chicago Convention?

Your car looks nice.

Since you are in Michigan, are you planning on attending the Chicago convention. I'm planning on bringing my 164Q, and if the God's are with me, my drivable Duetto. But I would like to see (and talk to) as many 164 owners as possible. I don't want to be the only (or one of very few) FWD cars there.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm probably going to go to the track day but not sure about the rest of the convention....June seems so far away!

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
...I'm planning on bringing my 164Q, ... But I would like to see (and talk to) as many 164 owners as possible. I don't want to be the only (or one of very few) FWD cars there.
I think you are worrying too much about this... Your Q will be well received, and you should enter it in the concours for all to enjoy. We'll be taking the '84 Spider, but not our 164Q. At one point I had convinced my wife to drive our 164Q to Detroit, but in the end she decided not to, and has stressed that she also wants to ride with me to Chicago...

Best regards,

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think you are worrying too much about this... Your Q will be well received, and you should enter it in the concours for all to enjoy. We'll be taking the '84 Spider, but not our 164Q. At one point I had convinced my wife to drive our 164Q to Detroit, but in the end she decided not to, and has stressed that she also wants to ride with me to Chicago...

Best regards,
I am from NC and as of now plan to drive my one owner 94Q to the convention. Hopefully without any problems.

Amedeo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts