Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a really fabulous 6c 2500 S cabriolet Chassis number 915.169 by Pinin Farina. There appears to be some attribution to Pietro Frua. The car went America in 1948 where the yanks pulled the original engine number 923.969 in Indianapolis and replaced it with a Chevy short block V8. I am trying to locate the engine if it still exists. If I cannot find it I will need a suitable replacement. I called Righini. His asking price for an engine which was originally on a slightly longer chassis was more than five times as much as I thought was fair. I have plenty of time to find one and actually have another that is in a perfectly good Fleccia d'Oro that I do not want to use. Can anyone help me.
The car is currently a real basket case, complete, but it has been dismantled for at least 30 years. The car is pictured on the Pietro Frua web page (http://www.pietro-frua.de)and is a real post war stunner. I am new to the alfa world. Not well connected.
Thanks you for any help you can give.
[email protected]

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Beautiful car. You can try Peter Marshall in England or Mal Harris in the US for help. Other sources would be Tito Anselmi or Raoul San Georgi. I don't know of any spare motors for sale other than what Righini has..

·
Registered
9,238 Posts
Chris,

I think you should talk to Fabio Calligaris. He has an outstanding restoration shop near Milan and is the technical advisor for the 6c2500 register (see http://www.6c2500.org for contact information). He is a very nice guy and may be able to help you with finding a suitable engine.

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Chris,

I think you should talk to Fabio Calligaris. He has an outstanding restoration shop near Milan and is the technical advisor for the 6c2500 register (see http://www.6c2500.org for contact information). He is a very nice guy and may be able to help you with finding a suitable engine.
Sorry, I forgot about Calligaris. He is a very nice man, and is VERY knowledgeable about 6c2300s and 2500s.

·
Premium Member
21,129 Posts
You might try Conrad Stevenson in Berkeley. He has a 2500 hotrod and might know where to get an engine.

Andrew

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a mostly complete 6c 2500 engine. It will need pistons and rods. the head is complete along with starter, distributor, and generator.

PM me for photos if you're still interested.

Steven

·
Registered
816 Posts
Bob and Roman Tucker in Michigan have several 2500 engines. It's possible that one of them could be your missing engine from Indianapolis. They are only 100?? miles away and Bob has been collecting those engines for years.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
what a fabulous car!........why Michael Frostick called it "full of post war horrors" I can't understand. I can just imagine it on the lawns of the Ville d'Este in a few years time:)

just realised how old this thread is..........:(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts