Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need 2 velocity stacks for my ACL intake horn assembly. Please see the reference picture. The hole at the base of the cast portion measures slightly over 40mm. Please let me know if you have 2 of these that I could purchase. Thank you!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
I have some, suspect they may be for 45’s but not sure, what size are you looking for, they came in a few different lengths. Will let you know in a bit as to opening size.

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
I have 3 different sizes of stacks. 1 is a complete set on ACL mounting bracket. They are about 110 to 111 mm, I also some loose smaller versions, about 90 to 91 mm, and larger ones that are 116 to 118 mm, all have the same approximate 40 mm opening, measurements do not include screen. The large ones are about 80 mm where the screens mount.
41FD15C5-AFB9-4F25-A2F1-9A5FAF24CA97.jpeg
CB7F1EB2-B2C3-494A-B893-E9DABF8D66C0.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
I'm thinking the ones you want are the only complete set I have, but let me know your top measurement, unfortunately the ones you need I suspect are the ones in the top image.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Can somebody provide some history on the ACL intake and the company that produced them. I there a claimed performance increase?

·
Super Moderator
11,544 Posts
These first appeared in the early Autodelta catalog as a racing option for Alfa engines used in formula cars or spec racers. These were straight stack versions and available for 40 and 45DCOE Webers. I know nothing about "ACL", but the company quickly modified the design to accept the right angle, swivel-able stack mounts so these could be used in other Alfa applications. The mount Weber plate, sometimes had multiple front Weber Support Rod bolt holes for 1600 and 1750 engine deck heights.
There were several variations in support plates. Generally these castings looked like DIY cold mold or alloy castings with plenty of cosmetic flaws. They ALL worked fine. When the right angle elbows were cast, those too had variable cosmetic quality, but worked well. The chrome plated screen covered stacks came in different lengths over time, early L O N G, and later a bit shorter, but the chrome and screens were nice.
These were used on Alfa street, race, formula, spec. racer and marine applications, and inexpensive and very functional as built. Today, these are a collectors item, for vintage (geez!) show ex racers and cars, and bring good money.
Last good curved stack 40 DCOE set I had, I sold for $500, hesitating, as I knew more wold be a hard find.
These work well, fit, and sound wonderful. Pictured below are 2 early straight sets, the single plug set earlier than the GTA set. Both set-up on my 2 Ausca 1600 engines, 1966 & 1967.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello Vabene GTV, here are all the dimensions. My chrome stack measures 66.4mm diameter at the top. The stack height minus the screen is 101.4mm, with the screen 116mm. Stack bottom hole is slightly over 40mm. Need quantity 2 but will even take 1 and just keep looking for another. Thank you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts