Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger hood hinge bolt sheared off the S this morning - anybody have a hood hinge they would part with or can advise on how to fix mine? Also looking for a sunroof controls surround piece if anybody has one.

Thanks,

Hattie

·
Premium Member
16,546 Posts
Many people forget about those hinges, that they are undersized and in a very exposed area. I have always lubed the ones in my 164's every several months or so. All the hinges and pivots in the car actually.

·
Registered
173 Posts
My passenger hood hinge bolt sheared off the S this morning - anybody have a hood hinge they would part with or can advise on how to fix mine? Also looking for a sunroof controls surround piece if anybody has one.

Thanks,

Hattie
I should have a good hinge for you, $15 plus shipping. I don't have the sunroof control panel.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Premium Member
27,514 Posts
Old Nero the donor had one snap off pivot rivet. I just drilled out sheared off ends and replaced with 6mm bolt and two nuts locked together.

Probably still attached to hood in storage after I parted out car.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the replies. We were able to repair the hinge over the weekend. It looks like it did rust in place so I'll make sure to lubricate both as Del recommends. Thank you again!

Hattie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts