Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen these for sale on both the CA and AS websites, but neither of these parts are to be found in either the Giulietta or Giulia parts catalogs.

PEDAL BOX SPACER PLATE & PEDAL BOX RUBBER SEAL

Are these necessary? If not, how did they come into use?

Thanks,

Ray

·
Registered
247 Posts
Tony describes the plate as the little less heat you have on your master cylinder.
I did not buy it, but would be interested in opinions

·
Registered
445 Posts
Actually the plate and seal are described as offering less heat on the pedal box from the exhaust. Tony just points out that the MCs are not in a great place on Giuliettas because of that heat.

The stainless plate however moves the bracket for the heat shield, attached to the box, closer to the firewall requiring the holes for it to be elongated to adjust to the new placement...which isn’t much. Maybe the heat shield can then then be bent more around the master cylinder? Of course elongating the shield’s holes can do the same thing without a spacer plate. I think it just allows the pedal box to take in less heat.

I bought both, but only used the seal. I’m not going backward now, but it would be wise to buy two seals, one for the firewall and one between the pedal box and the new plate.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dave,
Good thinking re two gaskets!
Ray

·
Administrator
3,854 Posts
Both items are not original, they are made & supplied to CA & AS by owners who have devised clever solutions for certain issues, the pedal box was originally sealed to the body with strip caulk or dum dum. The seal does the same job without being messy. The spacer will allow you to move the pedal box inwards towards the seat & thereby move the master cylinder a bit further away from the exhaust manifold. The thin spacer plate can also be used on top of the black slotted pedal rubber (which fits over the pedal shafts and just under the carpets), instead of gluing it down onto the pedal box

Ciao
Greig

·
Registered
445 Posts
I guess the pedals’ position would be a bit different too for the rods. Seems to be a negligible amount for either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts