Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you are out on the road, your car starts running bady, you look under the hood,, you have an air leak on the flexable hose.. don't dispare.. hears how to fix it to get home... get a 1.5" mountain bike tube ,cut it in half at the valve stem ( on each side ) you can stretch this onto the flex hose and clamp it on both sides,, it will be a tight fir, just roll it onto the tube as you go..

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Uaglio,

I believe I stumbled upon that Alfa/mountain bike fix just the other day. As I recall, it involved adapting a 2.0 Alfa timing chain to the derailleur. A simple, 65 step process, with pics!

Bianchi. Great idea for a fix but if I was smart enough to have a bicycle tire in my trunk, something to cut it with and two appropriately sized clamps I'd probably also be smart enough to periodically inspect my flex hose for potential failure points :).

And that, my friend, is why I always carry duct tape and bailing wire! Universal repair kit!

Also, you were correct with your advice about bleeding the PS on my other machinery.

Fixed!

All the best

1 - 3 of 3 Posts