Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfornately, none of my Alfas are in commission, so I had to take my Subie Legacy GT to NCRC's (Northern California Racing Club) track day at Laguna Seca today. It's my first time on LS going full-bore, and wow, what a track! Each corner flowed into the next, and the momentum was never lost, but accelerated with the incredibly entertaining elevation changes that so characterize LS. The "corkscrew" was splendid, when done right! I ran in the Limited (novice) group, and had an instructor with me during 3 of my allotted 5 twenty-minute sessions. He did a wonderful job, as I truly enjoyed the last two sessions flying solo, going smoother, faster, and feeling the rhythm of the track through my steering wheel - I even passed a Porsche (granted, he was probably just trying to get the "line" down)!

There were a bunch of Porsches (including a Carrera GT), three modern Ferraris (plus one 348 - which I kept up with in a straight line and a few corners after that), a few Subies, and a bright-orange DeTomaso Pantera (chasing and easily passing me by in one of the photos below just the corkscrew); alas, no Alfas. It would've been great fun if I had my racing Sprint built - in two years, I hope. Sorry, I had no camera on-hand, and had to buy these photos from a photo outfit at the track; as a result, all pictures are of my car only; I'm quite proud of how the car handled, however; the four-wheel drifts through some tight corners was just stupendous, and the AWD pulled me out of these drifts with great ease and aplomb - completely neutral and predictable. 250 bhp wasn't quite enough though - another 50 would've been nice for this 3,300-lb. car (ahem, wagon).

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts