Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so this a steering wheel made by NARDI in 1966 that nobody realy know´s which car for? I mean a GTV /GTA/ Duetto!!!Racing maybe?It´s 399mm!! I had mail´s with fotos over NARDI-PERSONAL in Italy they loved it they want it to restored it and to put new wood!!They asked me € 650 for it!!I went a diferent way, had it restored here in Portugal by the gentleman that does my wood restorations!!This is the result!!1º the wood is not Maghony, but rosewood, that is much stronger and lighter!!Has a Alfa Romeo super beatifull carved aluminium hub! The all thing is a piece of art!!For witch model specific??I was told that is for a Junior!!As the word "Nardisport" instead of "E.Nardi" why?!What was "Nardisport"??Maybe some special order??The wheel was made by Erico Nardi!!I can confirm that by the mail´s i sent & received from the factory!!So if anybody as more info about this wheel, let us know!!

All the Best...P.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
512 Posts
Beautiful wheel.... really nice..
got any more pics?... :)... kidding...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank´s!!

Beautiful wheel.... really nice..
got any more pics?... :)... kidding...
Thank you!!You right, but you know what, i got "cheated" over ebay sometimes for not having nice pictures, so you know what u buying!!

Best regards...P.:)

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Tigrrr.....
are you OK after falling on the floor ?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Unnnnggghhh.... Whaaaaa? I just came to after bumping my head on the floor. Just kidding. Price unknown. I'm done with steering wheels. BTW, I have what I think is an original lightweight Hellebore (no horn buttons but factory attached hub) in nice shape I will sell once I get my restored wheels from Franjo in July. I wonder what that's worth. Any idea?

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
You'll have to post pics here to get a good price idea....
Papiko, that is one rare and special wheel. Late 101 or early 105 Alfa would be a good candidate to use it !

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
This is indeed a very nice wheel. I've never seen a Nardi with holes instead of slots before (or the name Nardisport, for that matter) but I do not doubt this wheel to be original. For comparison, see post #2 in this thread for what my '65 Nardi steering wheel for the 2600 looks like.

I get the impression that the horn button on the Nardisport wheel is single-contact only (as opposed to dual-contact: center for horn; ring for high beam). Can you tell us if this is correct?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
horn button

This is indeed a very nice wheel. I've never seen a Nardi with holes instead of slots before (or the name Nardisport, for that matter) but I do not doubt this wheel to be original. For comparison, see post #2 in this thread for what my '65 Nardi steering wheel for the 2600 looks like.

I get the impression that the horn button on the Nardisport wheel is single-contact only (as opposed to dual-contact: center for horn; ring for high beam). Can you tell us if this is correct?
i post you here pictures of horn contact, but, this one i got on ebay, it´s the correct diameter for this wheel, i bought the wheel from Italy no horn attached!! i guess is called the "double mushroom" ...am i correct?

thank´s...P.

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fair price

... a "good deal is when it´s good for both sides"...

Please check the market value for wheels like this age before you give offer´s please, i know the rarity of this item and it will go for a fair person...

kind regards...P.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Best offer will not take it. The asking price (reserve?) is $1000 or about 670 Euros, but appears to be a 'marriage' of two pieces, so although it's an attractive wheel I'm not sure if it has any genuine provenance as such.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Best offer will not take it. The asking price (reserve?) is $1000 or about 670 Euros, but appears to be a 'marriage' of two pieces, so although it's an attractive wheel I'm not sure if it has any genuine provenance as such.
Please be fair on your comment´s i sent you the Nardi mails you offered me $370!!!!!!!!!!!!!just the horn push cost me $150, i dont think you are beeing fair, there is no reserve, but when you see wheels like this selling for euro 1.800, if i ask euro 600 for mine do you think is a lot??So just say NO.

It´s not my intention to explore anybody, just i am free to ask what i think is fair. As i said (and you saw it) in NARDI they wanted euro 650 +vat+shipping to restored it!!!!And then how could i sell it??? This would come up to euro 1000 just in costs!!!
So around Euro 600, i think it´s a fair price.

My best regards...P.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
horn button

...and following your mail, this horn button is the exact, same diameter that the inside wheel hub, it fit´s like a glove, now is this the correct horn button i dont know, i am not an alfa expert, but this hub is for a Giulia or Duetto as far as i know!!Is this horn button the correct one for this wheel considering is a 2 functions horn button?? you tell me...

regards...P.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts