Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,
as the spring is coming closer i have done some work on the car. We have an extremely competent shop called KTR here in the Boston area and they did some pretty amazing tuning on the car, it feels great.

I wanted to upgrade the steering wheel, keep the old one to restore it.

Has anyone ever installed this steering wheel? Will this hub work?

Thank you, send pics if you have!!
Ciao!

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello Guys,
as the spring is coming closer i have done some work on the car. We have an extremely competent shop called KTR here in the Boston area and they did some pretty amazing tuning on the car, it feels great.

I wanted to upgrade the steering wheel, keep the old one to restore it.

Has anyone ever installed this steering wheel? Will this hub work?

Thank you, send pics if you have!!
Ciao!

·
Premium Member
1,545 Posts
Just installed a Nardi classic in my Nuova Super, came with a Nardi adapter, was specific to the car, but fit like crap, used an adapter from Centerline I had kicking about, fit like a glove. Maybe my Nardi adapter was made Friday

·
Registered
122 Posts
Correct me if wrong but have read a larger diameter wheel is better, easier for steeering in our cars. I am looking for one as well but will be going Nardi 380 to 400mm.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah. When I bought my Spider it had a 330mm wheel on it. The tires were 195/65R14. When sitting still or creeping along, it required a fair amount of steering effort. As soon as you got moving, it was fine. I replaced it with a 390mm wheel and a lot less effort was required. Everyone has their own preference and uses their car differently, but for mostly casual driving (no track days yet) I think a 360mm -390mm works well.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ok - what is the ideal size say 380mm-- is 400 too big
then you have to match the depth as well is that correct? - deep or shallow depending on car model.

·
Registered
1969 GTV 1750 Australia
315 Posts
I have a restored 380 Nardi that is the same as the one above. I bought it many years ago for a 1968 911. I have been thinking about fitting it on the 69 Alfa GTV. It should be fine at that diameter. I found that anything smaller was too heavy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts