Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Name That Picture

4K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  AlfaMale 
#1 ·
Ok lets play name that picture (who, where, what, when, why).

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
I must admit I knew nothing about that flying Alfa. I just recall seeing that poster for sale numerous times on eBay. I did a search for closed auctions and found it. :D

I will gladly defer my noogie to AC!

#11 ·
I was guessing the Ring just because the Alfa was FLYING.

Kai, you keep the noogie :D
I would love to have that poster in my home though.

67GTV said:
I must admit I knew nothing about that flying Alfa. I just recall seeing that poster for sale numerous times on eBay. I did a search for closed auctions and found it. :D

I will gladly defer my noogie to AC!

#16 ·
Nice try Anthony(italcarguy), but unless I am mistaken this was driven by Mario Andretti/Lucien Bianchi in the 1968 Daytona 24 hrs. It later went on to a 6th place finish as their teammate in the 20 car got 5th and this year the Porsche's finished 1-2-3 in a clean sweep in what I think is the 907?

Richard

#19 ·
alfa_chan said:
I was guessing the Ring just because the Alfa was FLYING.

Kai, you keep the noogie :D
I would love to have that poster in my home though.
I insist, the noogie goes to you! Too bad the Gen's missing these references to his beloved CN's! :)

AC, check out the eBay auctions by autoart@unlvrebels.com . He always has a lot of racing posters, although that particular flying Alfa is not currently on his list. Here is one of his current Alfa racing posters. "1000 km 1967 Nurburgring. Adamich/Galli. Alfa Romeo"

Attachments

#20 ·
While away in Florida, I see you boys have been lamenting about my beloved chin noogies!!!! Next time I'm on vacation, I will have to assign someone the duty of patroling the alfa bb when indeed a noogie emergency should manifest!!! Please Kai and Alfa Chan accept my belated, but still very powerful, chin noogies!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.