·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Sniady
Buttonwillow
Alfa 33
June 2003
Why...ask him!

Someone step up to the plate and figure this one out. I am gonna sit this one out.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Better hurry before the DR gets here and bags it.

PS- The winner gets a FREE chin noogie from the General :)

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Who: Rolf Stommelen
Where: Nurburgring
What: Alfa Romeo Prototype Flying
When: 1972
Why: Why not?

Actually it seems that most cars fly through this stretch.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Oh no! I was typing my reply as Simon typed his about the chin noogie. Can I retract my answer???

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kai got it right!

67GTV said:
Oh no! I was typing my reply as Simon typed his about the chin noogie. Can I retract my answer???
General will you please do the honors?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I must admit I knew nothing about that flying Alfa. I just recall seeing that poster for sale numerous times on eBay. I did a search for closed auctions and found it. :D

I will gladly defer my noogie to AC!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I was guessing the Ring just because the Alfa was FLYING.

Kai, you keep the noogie :D
I would love to have that poster in my home though.

67GTV said:
I must admit I knew nothing about that flying Alfa. I just recall seeing that poster for sale numerous times on eBay. I did a search for closed auctions and found it. :D

I will gladly defer my noogie to AC!

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Chris Amon and Lorenzo Bandini

Daytona

Ferrari 330 P4

That car in the picture was driven to victory in the 1967 24 Hours of Daytona. That year, Ferrari sweeped Daytona. 1st was the Amon/Bandini #23 P4, 2nd was the Parks/Scarfitotti #24 P4, and 3rd was the Rodriguez/Guichet #26 412P

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anthony,

Right track, wrong year, wrong drivers, and wrong car.

No chin noogie!

Please insert another quarter and try again

HINT - Its an Alfa Romeo T33/2

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Heres another shot of the Ferrari #23 from the 1967 Daytona 24 Hours Race. As you can see the #23 is on the oposite side of the Alfa Romeo T33/2 we are tring to identify.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Nice try Anthony(italcarguy), but unless I am mistaken this was driven by Mario Andretti/Lucien Bianchi in the 1968 Daytona 24 hrs. It later went on to a 6th place finish as their teammate in the 20 car got 5th and this year the Porsche's finished 1-2-3 in a clean sweep in what I think is the 907?

Richard

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Sorry man, I'll get more than an hour of sleep (once my race car is done) before the next time I play the guessing game. I shoulda guessed it was an Alfa since it was on the AlfaBB and not on the FerrariBB!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
alfa_chan said:
I was guessing the Ring just because the Alfa was FLYING.

Kai, you keep the noogie :D
I would love to have that poster in my home though.
I insist, the noogie goes to you! Too bad the Gen's missing these references to his beloved CN's! :)

AC, check out the eBay auctions by [email protected] . He always has a lot of racing posters, although that particular flying Alfa is not currently on his list. Here is one of his current Alfa racing posters. "1000 km 1967 Nurburgring. Adamich/Galli. Alfa Romeo"

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
While away in Florida, I see you boys have been lamenting about my beloved chin noogies!!!! Next time I'm on vacation, I will have to assign someone the duty of patroling the alfa bb when indeed a noogie emergency should manifest!!! Please Kai and Alfa Chan accept my belated, but still very powerful, chin noogies!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts